Chemonics seeks multiple grants specialists for an anticipated USAID project based in Erbil, Iraq. The project aims to provide assistance to persecuted religious and ethnic minorities in northern Iraq. The grants specialist will manage the effectiveness and compliance of the grants program. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Serve as the focal point for grant management and administration
- Work closely with the program technical staff to manage technical and managerial aspects of grants
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations related to grants management
- In collaboration with the grants management unit (GMU) and the client, identify local partners and opportunities for engagement
- Manage grant writing, monitoring, management, reporting, and tracking
- Support grant closeout and ensure grant documentation is appropriately filed
- Bachelor’s degree in development, social sciences, or related field required; master’s degree in related field preferred
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a donor, contractor, or international NGO managing an office or program with demonstrated supervisory experience
- Grants under contract experience with USAID implementing partners required
- Extensive knowledge of USAID regrants rules and regulations
- Experience reviewing and negotiating budgets, reviewing financial reports, preparing for and monitoring audits of grantees, and file management
- Knowledge of the local context of Northern Iraq, particularly Ninewah province, highly preferred.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and oral Kurdish, Arabic, or another local language required; Proficiency in written and oral English preferred
To apply please visit . When applying, please indicate your experience implementing grants under contract for USAID programs. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.