The GIZ Programme “Strengthening the Participation of Women in the Rehabilitation and Peace Process in Iraq” contributes to SDG 5 (achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls) and SDG 16 (promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels). The programme includes five intervention areas. The first intervention area focuses on enhancing the capacities of government and non-government actors. With the second intervention area we strengthen the gender competence of selected partner of German development cooperation. In the third intervention area the program implements various innovative approaches and development initiatives to strengthen the participation of women including prevention of SGBV. Together with relevant actors from media and public relations the fourth intervention area facilitates dialogue and promoting public relations campaigns for transforming patriarchal gender relations and stereotypes. Furthermore, with the fifth intervention area the program contributes to improving the living situation and conditions for an equal participation of Yezidi women in political, social and economic processes. We are recruiting in all intervention areas.
Core tasks and main responsibilities
In your role, you will be responsible for the technical, content-related and organizational implementation of the measures and activities of an intervention area. In consultation with your line manager, you will take on tasks related to planning, management and steering of projects and ensure the quality of the results. Your tasks include (but are not limited to) conceptualizing activities, writing terms of references, minutes of meeting, reports; drafting contract documents, guiding analysis and assessments and reviewing texts. You make technical and content-related contributions to overarching issues in collaboration with implementing partners and other stakeholders, thereby supporting the achievement of the agreed objectives of the respective project and providing impetus for further strategy development. You are involved in continuous process development in your area of responsibility, are responsible for monitoring, knowledge management and regularly provide PR material to improve the visibility of the program.
The brief profile does not claim to be a full and complete description. Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
Required qualifications, professional experience and competences
- Masters/MSc in an area that is related to the programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field, i.e. political or social science, gender studies, conflict and peace studie
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position, i.e in the area of women, peace and security, women’s rights, gender equality
- Very good knowledge of gender equality and women’s rights in (post)conflict contexts and the Women, Peace and Security Agenda/UNSCR1325
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office) fluent written and oral knowledge of the English and Arabic language
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Additional competences for the different intervention areas
- Strong network skills and a strong network with state and non-state actors in
- Kurdistan and Central Iraq (intervention area 1)
- High gender expertise and training expertise as a gender expert (intervention area 2)
- Good knowledge of social media, think tanks and universities in Kurdistan and
- Central Iraq and a strong network in this field (intervention area 3)
- Strong working experience in media and a strong network in this field (intervention area 4)
- Good knowledge of the context and situation of Yezidi women in Sinjar and experience working with IDPs or in refugee camps (intervention area 5).
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: BGH-SPW22-028
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screenshots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered