World Vision International is a Christian relief, development, and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Technical Advisor – Erbil.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Technical Advisor is under the Program Development and Quality Assurance Department. The role will provide strategic and technical leadership and programmatic integration on gender equality and social inclusion, including technical support for program design, development, budgeting, planning, monitoring, and evaluating. Other key objectives of the position include the following:
- To create tools, vocabulary, and networks to mainstream gender and social inclusion into programming
- Provide technical support for research programs, ensuring GESI lens application in the design, implementation, and report write-up phases.
- To effectively collaborate across WV, with local partners as well as donors on advocacy strategies related to GESI
- To train and technically support Programme and Operations teams to raise the GESI capacity of all staff and key partners.
- Ensure the integration of GESI in every phase of the project cycle, with special emphasis on project management in the field.
Strategy Development & Technical Support
- Lead and ensure GESI lens application in WV Iraq Strategy and programming.
- Work closely with the Program and Operations Team to ensure GESI mainstreaming/integration during project design across all sectors, while ensuring tools, indicators, reports, and research pieces apply GESI principles and standards.
- Provide technical leadership, support, and guidance to field staff and facilitators in implementing GESI in all projects as well as quality assurance.
- Develop and facilitate design workshops on GESI related concepts, policies or sectoral issues to develop knowledge and ownership on GESI lens application
- Identify, capture and document best practices and lessons learned on GESI, to be used for
- improving program quality, advocacy, and donor engagement
- Support in identifying opportunities where WV Iraq’s expertise in GESI fits into specific donor strategies.
- In collaboration with GAM, technically lead GESI components during the drafting of new proposals and ensuring it matches with program objectives and donors' requirements.
- Ensure that GESI program learning from assessment, evaluations, and research is included in new designs.
- Facilitate systematic GESI analyses, to identify strategic and practical responses.
Coordination, Networking and External Engagement
- Explore grant/donors policies and expectations in relation to GESI and build the capacity of the WV Iraq team accordingly.
- Support GAM and Project staff with technical expertise on GESI mainstreaming when communicating with donors and communities respectively.
- Liaise with international and local NGOs and government authorities to influence and scale evidence-based practices in GESI
- Meet donors to preposition for new program ideas and models based on evidence aligned to GESI.
- Represent WV Iraq in various fora’s related to GESI such as clusters etc.
- Coordinate and network with other contacts/resources within the partnership to learn and share experiences on GESI.
- Manage, coordinate, and actively participate in GESI related initiatives with local partners and NGOs, UN agencies, and different donors and community representatives and stakeholders.
- Actively engage with relevant ministries and stakeholders using evidence from our programming to drive policy formulation and system reform.
- Participate in National workshops, training, and internal WV Iraq meetings, workshops, etc.
- Coordinate and closely work with other relevant internal stakeholders at WV, whether at the Regional or Global level in rolling out new initiatives as well as policies on GESI.
- Lead GESI capacity assessments of WV Iraq staff and develop a capacity building plan to address the identified needs, utilizing external capacity building opportunities, as well as WV- internal resources.
- Increase GESI understanding to ensure adequate knowledge across staff on GESI principles, mechanisms, and language.
- Provide opportunities for capacity building to field teams in consultation with People and Culture (P&C) to ensure proper technical, managerial, and personal development, as well as maintenance of gender-sensitive work environment.
GESI organizational focal point
- Provide leadership for WV Iraq GESI Management Policy implementation and progress reporting
- Ensure staff compliance with World Vision’s GESI policy and accompanying guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in gender and inclusion along with relief and/or development field working with local or international NGOs.
- Demonstrated project management skills in working collaboratively with local partners, donors, and international organizations
- Understanding of development processes and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by various partners and donors
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and networking abilities
- Experience in project management
- Ability to manage and negotiate expectations of the diverse stakeholders
- Manage and support partnerships and projects in a transparent manner towards all the partners and honor partnering commitments and show openness for critical feedback.
- Masters degree relevant to social science, development, public relations, gender/ inclusion studies.
- Effective in written and oral communication
- Fluency in Arabic is an advantage
- Computer literacy; good computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as database management.
- Ability to speak and write with a high standard in English.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please Apply. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified
for the interview.
The deadline for application is 29 May 2021.