The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with more than 23,000 employees in over 120 countries. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our business volume is around 3.3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in achieving their objectives in international cooperation and to offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions
The government formed in Iraq in the wake of the has defined comprehensive reform measures to embark on an inclusive development path based on stable and accountable institutions and increasingly driven by the private sector. This includes public financial management and tax reforms.
This position is part of the “Financial inclusion for a new economic start and integration in Iraq” (FI) Project team in Iraq. Mainly focusing on activities related to supporting the development of inclusive financial services and other tasks. The FI project is a multi-donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the special initiative “Tackling the Root Causes of Displacement, Reintegrating Refugees/Partnership for Prospect,” co-funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The project aims to sustainably improve financial inclusion and access to inclusive financial services for vulnerable target groups
This position in Basra supports the following main tasks:
- Implementing studies and assessments that detail the target group’s demand for financial services.
- Developing and implementing training programmes tailored to the needs of target groups on financial literacy, inclusive financial services, and financing renewable energies.
- Development of targeted advisory services on income-generating measures and small investments for MSMEs
- Development and roll-out of awareness raising activities for women-led businesses and implementation of training on access to finance.
- Adequate support to the Project Director and the team in project implementation matters, which includes planning, implementing, reporting, and monitoring & evaluation.
- Assisting the project in identifying new beneficiaries and partners to maintain excellent work relations with existing ones.
- Conceptualizing, drafting ToRs, reports, procurement documents, guiding analysis and assessments, reviewing texts
- Any other tasks assigned by the Head of the project or the Deputy
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 4 years of experince in working with international organization (experience with GIZ is an asset)
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings
- Very good skills in stakeholder management (government, NGOs).
- Strong organisational skills with attention to details and deadlines regarding effective implementation, planning, monitoring and evaluation of a project activities
- Management experience of contractors is an advantage
- Ability to work in complex environments under tight deadlines
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Arabic
- Diplomatic approaches and cultural sensibility are a prerequisite
- Self-reliant, proactive and responsible personality; willingness to assume additional responsibilities and develop new activities.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
Important notes for your application
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BA-FI22-102) Financial System Advisor Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications