The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with more than 23,000 employees in over 120 countries. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our business volume is around 3.3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in achieving their objectives in international cooperation and to offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions
Financial contract management is part of the Accounting and Finance Section of the GIZ Country Office Iraq. As part of the job description of the unit is to arithmetically process all types of invoices that are contracted through country office. Thus, a financial contract management specialist in GIZ Country Office Iraq is required to do the tasks mentioned above in line of GIZ P+R and countrywide policies. Below is the detailed list of tasks assigned to a financial contract management specialist.
- Financial processing of all contract types, i.e., local subsidy, grant agreements, service/ consultant, construction, and procurement of goods.
- Doing arithmetical check for all incoming invoices per the P+R and binding agreed contractual conditions stipulated in the contracts.
- Processing all travel claims related to business trips in line with GIZ travel guideline.
- Settling all the flight tickets based on GIZ P+R in monthly bases.
- Regularly following the account receivable & payable and provide timely settlements.
- Applying correct cost codes using GIZ chart of account for all types of financial transactions being paid through GIZ account.
- Keeps up to date record of on-going contracting and procurement in SAP.
- Carrying out commitment/Obligo deduction and return all contracting and procurement files after the final payments to respective contract unit in GIZ country office.
- Record all the payments in the monitoring of invoice tracking sheets.
- Record all the travel claims in the monitoring of travel tracking sheets.
- Advice and supports the Head of the unit and the Head of Finance and Administration on the regular adjustment of SOP in view of modified P+R and local legislation.
- Processing & supporting other colleagues with LS vouchers evaluation preventing GIZ from financial harm and juridical aftermaths and making sure that open receivables of the LS are cleared faster and properly.
- Training for the LS partner before and during the contract implementation.
- Clear up cases of invoices without valid contract or order with Procurement and Contract unit and HoFA
- Assisting during internal audits of the CO with the provision of documents and explanation on cases.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the management.
- Reports all the problems with financial administration and compliance without delay.
- Take active part in the team meeting, general administration, and finance meeting.
- Education: University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar area of • study. Relevant professional qualification is an added advantage.
- GIZ internal knowledge in admin and finance high professional knowledge. • At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of finance and accounting with international NGOs, international organization, or enterprise and familiar with international standards in accountancy.
- Independent execution of tasks according to existing planning and consultation with supervisor and colleagues.
- Fluent English and Arabic language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
- Being able to travel to other destinations within Iraq mainly between Baghdad and Erbil.
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible. • In-depth knowledge of accounting software.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding • measures are agreed with management
Important notes for your application
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref (BGH CO22-120) Financial Contract Management Specialist Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications