CLIC is a consulting firm headquartered in Ottawa, Canada. It is managed by a team of professionals with varying skills and sectoral expertise. CLIC is managing projects in Iraq, Jordan, Mozambique, Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan, Eastern Caribbean and Mongolia. We have implemented projects in South Sudan, Kenya, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Jordan and several other countries. Our clients include the Government of Canada, the Government of Iraq, GIZ, the World Bank, national governments, the United Nations and other multilateral and bilateral agencies and international organizations.
CLIC has a Learning and training institute in Iraq (CLIC-LEARNING) which operates in Baghdad and other locations in the country. CLIC-LEARNING deals with daily cash transactions, international and national transfers that require daily cash management.
CLIC is looking for a talented, energetic, and goals-oriented Finance Officer to fill the position in Iraq. The FO will work closely with the team in Canada and will be in regular communication and under the supervision of the Financial Analyst in Canada. The FO will have overall responsibility for the financial administration of CLIC’s operations in Iraq.
Only those with demonstrable experience will be accepted, they will need to demonstrate working for consulting firms and/or NGOs where high skilled financial experience is required. It is also mandatory that the applicant have excellent English Language skills and are working in an English-speaking environment at least in the last 3 years.
Systems, Procedures, and Internal Controls
- Apply current systems and procedures approved by CLIC HQ
- Maintain under the direction of CLIC HQ where required various financial models and standard templates for use by CLIC staff, experts, consultants in Iraq, project managers, field office staff and other CLIC staff as needed.
- Facilitate the development and integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology to configure and communicate useful financial information and to provide practical business leadership to drive business results.
- Ensure that financial processes and procedures are adhered to by all staff and consultants in Iraq
- Identify and address financial issues and inconsistencies
- Ensure financial accounting/reporting complies with donor requirements.
- Ensure implementation of necessary financial controls and due diligence
- Under the guidance of CLIC HQ, set up Quickbooks Online financial accounting systems for the Iraq operations
- Prepare bank reconciliations and manage the cash balances for all business initiatives and projects.
- Hands on responsibility to perform month-end and year-end closings, monthly sub-ledger balancing, review and verification of all payments, revenues, exchange rate calculations, preparation of month-end journal entries, and maintaining the chart of accounts for projects and business initiatives.
Financial Monitoring and Reporting
- Perform financial analysis and prepare donor financial reports as specified by the donor.
- Manages the cash flow of the organization in Iraq by updating the weekly cash forecast
- Ensure finance staff in the field are properly trained in terms of accounting, preparation of their budgets, donor requirements, and allocation of expenditures etc.
- Provide regular variance analysis of budgeted versus actual spending
- Work with HQ FA to provide support in financial aspects of project proposal development for submission to various donors and clients.
• Coordinate audit by external auditors
• Coordinate audits commissioned by donor agencies.
• Prepare detailed project financial reports and year-end reconciliation of CLIC’s operation in Iraq
• Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting.
• Minimum 1 year working with accounting software in English.
Skills and abilities
• Very strong Financial Management skills
• Exceptional follow up skills
• Problem solving skills
• Impeccable English and Arabic language skills in writing and speaking.
• Strong computer and IT skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Demonstrates very sound judgment
• Ability to work with a culturally and socially diverse team of professionals
• Demonstrated gender sensitivity approach and understanding
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Diplomatic and able to express positions firmly
• Calm under pressure
• Understands and believes in the importance of time management and urgency
Minimum a bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
A professional certification in accounting or working towards a professional certification is an asset.
About the selection process
CLIC will vet the candidates that meet our criteria, after which successful candidates will be required to go through a testing process. All references will be contacted. The final candidate will undergo a series of interviews prior to his/her being offered this position.
All candidates should submit a curriculum vitae that corresponds to the job description and related criteria. They are also requested to submit a cover letter indicating the reason they believe they are the right candidate for the job. CLIC welcomes male and female candidates who qualify for the position
• Email your application by September 30, 2021
• CVs without a cover letter will be rejected