About the project
Migration often represents major challenges for the countries of origin and the receiving countries. However, migration also means opportunities – particularly concerning the economic development of the countries of origin –, knowledge transfer, and the investment of migrants in the communities.
Within the framework of the “Migration for Development” program financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ supports more than twenty countries to better use the potential of international migration for development. As part of the “Migration for Development” program, the “Returning to
New Opportunities” program establishes and enhances migration advice structures in the country of origin by setting-up Migration Advice Centres. In the context of migration advice, activities to support and advise on regular migration as well as to improve the social and economic reintegration of migrants and refugees returning to their country of origin is the goal.
The position is located in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team that welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
- Implement all GIZ “Economic Development and Youth Perspectives (ECON)” Cluster
- activities and closely work with GIZ CO in IRAQ to ensure efficient delivery of services in the assigned region
- Train GIZ projects local partners and enhance the capacity building plan for that.
- Support in process the financial transactions for local partners (Subsidies) such processing advances and follow up with the partner for settlement of the advances in line with support the country office.
- Support in develop local subsides guidelines and procedures with the country office and internally
- Work towards the achievement of the over-all goals of GIZ through effective managerial and lateral relations
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relations and accountabilities.
- Adhere to GIZ code of conduct and ensure confidentiality of financial and management issues.
- Abilities to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Follow all GIZ policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements.
- Ensure compliance and adherence with GAAPs, GIZ/Grant policies and standard accounting practice.
- Implement and ensure all GIZ financial management implemented.
- Implement and ensure all respective donors and local Government rules and regulations are respected.
- Manage & account cash as per the GIZ “instructions for management of cash”.
- Keep the cash in a safe keys and other assets in a secure and protected place.
- Keep record of all cash, bank and advances on GIZ cash books and reconcile daily.
- Do cash counts weekly and whenever needed by Finance Manager, Programme Director, and official auditors from GIZ all according to PuR.
- Identifies cash requirements, and processes cash withdrawals.
- Codes all expenditures following the standard GIZ chart of accounts
- Scans all vouchers on monthly basis, before submitting to the Service Unit.
- Supports administrative and other staff to ensure cash related rules are implemented.
- Follows GIZ financial procedures and timely sends all accounting documents to the Service Unit accountant.
- Collect all authorized cash or bank payment receipts and bank statements.
- Manage and record all the bank transactions on cash book accounting software.
- Ensure all required documents for invoice check of transactions are provided, such as calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews made before any cash or bank payments.
- Match invoices/receipts with payment vouchers, GRN and other required documents.
- Prepare cash, bank and advances reconciliations and submit for review/approval every week and monthly as a part of month end close.
- Ensure a regular follow up on settlement of all accounts and third-party receivables.
- Keep all finance documents and reports are properly archived, labeled and stored in a clear and easily accessible manner.
- Maintain the proper filing in DMS according to PuR on a regular basis.
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
- Reports all problems with financial administration, procurement, and compliance without delay.
- Support project in financial planning and budgeting
- Reporting to the projects about the budget performance and expenditure update
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should hold bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area in finance & business administration is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant occupational experience in accounting skills and experience in the general ledger, journal entries, cash/bank management, budgeting and financial management / Grants management is required payroll is an advantage.
- Experience with GIZ or an international NGO would be preferred.
- Computer literacy skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel, and accounting software experience in Winpaccs would be preferred
- Excellent oral and written Arabic & English proficiencies are mandatory plus the German language would be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to GIZ field offices and take temporary assignments
- Previous cash management experience preferred.
Other knowledge, and additional competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, good experience with ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible. Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office) Outstanding management and communication.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures shall be agreed by the supervisor.
- Ability to be creative and strategic for effective planning, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.