Title: Finance/Administration/Contract Officer ICT
The position holder is responsible for:
• The financial and administrative support to the activities of the GIZ project “ICT – Job perspectives for a Modern Youth in Iraq” in Baghdad
• Coordination of logistical support to the project’s activities
• Processing of contracts
• Procurement of goods for the project’s office
• Support to the project’s finances
• Communication with GIZ administration offices in Iraq and HQ Germany
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
1. Logistical Support to Project Activities The position holder arranges trainings, events, meetings, delegation tours and travels logistically. This includes e.g. booking of venues, transportation tickets, translators and equipment, invitation of participants etc. The position holder ensures the timely availability of all items and their quality according to GIZ standards.
2. Contracting The position holder prepares contract requests and ensures the availability of all necessary documents according to GIZ quality procedures. Contracting also includes the processing, follow-up, tracking, and registration of contracts in GIZ online systems. This task entails training to staff members and sincere quality control.
3. Project Administration The position holder procures items for the project according to GIZ rules and regulations, keeps track of inventory, supports the GIZ HR department on behalf of the projects, informs about new and existing administration rules, creates and upholds internal project administration procedures, arranges travels and appointments, handles administrative demands from the respective Iraqi administration offices, and supports the projects in all other administrative matters.
4. Financial Data Provision The position holder will be submitting all relevant Financial Bookkeeping Data relating to the monthly end of period bookings including bankbook, cashbook and inventory to the GIZ Office in Erbil in due time. This includes the support of a regular follow up, check and settlement of all accounts and third party receivables. The position holder makes sure that the accounting process will be done in due time and quality according to OuR.
5. Document Management System (DMS) The position holder checks and maintain the proper filing in DMS according to OuR on a regular basis.
6. Other duties/additional tasks The position holder will support the project with any additional tasks of non-technical nature if necessary.
C. Required qualifications, competencies
and experience Qualifications Professional experience
• Education: University degree.
• Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant occupational experience. Work for an international company or development organization is an advantage.
• Responsibility: Independent execution of tasks according to existing planning and consultation with supervisor and colleagues.
• Tasks require constructive creative thinking, sometimes also conceptual initiative.
• Being acquainted with administrative procedures in government and administrative offices is an advantage.
• Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).