A. Responsibilities The position holder is responsible for:
The financial management of PSD project in Baghdad in support of the international finance officer. This includes budget calculation and tracking, financial control, cashier duties, book keeping, settlement of accounts, settlement of contracts, preparation of payments and transfers, working with Document Management System (DMS), compliance and quality control according to GIZ’s rules and regulations, provision of financial data to GIZ HQs and auditing entities.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
1. Budget Calculation and Tracking The position holder supports the project in calculation of the overall budget and tracking of the costs and expenditures on a regular basis. This includes the follow up and suitability of ZAS (Timesheets). The position holder is able to provide information regarding latest updates of the finances to the Director of the project.
2. Settlement of Accounts and Contracts The position holder will be in charge for the proper settlement of Accounts and Contracts (Grant Agreement, Financing Agreement, Local Subsidies, Consulting, Appraiser) in cooperation with the GIZ Admin Office in Erbil. This includes supporting the contract recipients in regard to administrative questions and follow up with the administrative counterparts in the GIZ Office in Erbil to ensure smooth processing of all contracts.
3. Financial Data Provision The position holder will be submitting all relevant Financial Bookkeeping Data relating to the monthly end of period bookings including bankbook, cashbook and inventory to the GIZ Office in Erbil in due time. This includes a regular follow up, check and settlement of all accounts and third party receivables. The position holder makes sure that the accounting process will be done in due time and quality according to GIZ regulations.
4. Document Management System (DMS) The position holder checks and maintain the proper filing in DMS according to GIZ regulations on a regular basis.
5. Other duties/additional tasks The position holder will support the project with any additional tasks of non-technical nature if deemed necessary.
C. Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
• Education: University degree in financial administration, finance, business administration.
• Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant occupational experience. Work for an international company or development organization is an advantage.
• Responsibility: Independent execution of tasks according to existing planning and consultation with supervisor and colleagues.
• Tasks require constructive creative thinking, sometimes also conceptual initiative.
• Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
Other knowledge, additional competencies
• Office Software literacy
• German language skills are an advantage
• Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.