Ta’afi is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by improving conditions that allow for durable returns in areas liberated from ISIS while mitigating discrete emergent challenges that threaten overall stability.
Long-term Local Professional, Cooperating Country National
Reporting and location:
This position will report to the Finance Manager. The position is based in Erbil, Iraq.
- Reviews copies of all receipts for all expenses submissions to the project and improves overall capacity in grantee financial management
- Facilitates provision of information and documentation during audits
- Reviews expense reports
- Enters accounting transactions into the accounting software, ABACUS
- Oversees bank reconciliation process as a second reviewer
- Ensures the maintenance of proper accounting documentation
- Oversees processing of payroll each month and prepare salary receipt/payroll forms
- Liaises with income tax authority, social security administration, and remit employee withholdings monthly
- Serves as the primary point of contact with the home office accounting teams
- Reviews all coding sheets before they are sent to the finance manager and chief of party for approval
- Examines monthly wire transfer requests through a thorough analysis of projected project expenditures
- Supports the finance manager in subcontractor management by reviewing and monitoring monthly subcontractor invoices
- Ensures all transactions are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, as well as the project’s policy manual, and the Chemonics Field Accounting and Compliance Manual
- Supports the finance manager as a liaison to other administrative and technical components to manage project financial budgeting and expenditure progress
- Conducts pre-award surveys to verify financial capability of NGOs and potential partners prior to award
- Leads trainings for grantees on an individual and group basis on the financial requirements and any financial management issues with the goal of improving the capacity of their financial management
- Performs other duties as assigned by the finance manager to achieve the project’s goals and objectives
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as accounting, commerce, or business administration. Advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in accounting and administrative support
- Experience working with Iraq financial/tax/legal requirements, working experience on donor funded projects and familiarity with the rules and regulations or international organizations is preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting systems and software applications, including, ABACUS, MS Word, MS Excel, and other project databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with colleagues, visitors, and the public
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work under high pressure, fast-paced environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required; written and oral fluency in Kurdish, and other local languages is a plus, but not required
Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Contract period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-07
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
Chemonics Iraq offers a fair, competitive, and transparent recruitment process. We are promoting the health and well-being of our staff and their loved ones. We are just as committed to creating an environment that encourages professional learning and growth. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved trainings for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme
Due to high number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are due by 10 November 2021.
To apply, please submit your application through this link only