Human Appeal is a British INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflicts in Iraq. Human Appeal Iraq is one of the fastest growing leading INGOs responding to the humanitarian crises across Iraq. Our teams work in a variety of sectors which include; protection, FSL, SNFIs, WASH, education and others. In a short space of time Human Appeal has expanded its operations significantly with programmes worth $25+ million and 200+ staff. Human Appeal is working in partnerships with UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Make and record all payments out of cash, recording all programme advances issued and returned.
2. Assist with review of Purchase Order, Advance Request, Expense Reports and Payment Requests.
3. Assist in entering cash or bank sub-journals (general journals).
4. Assist as needed with daily cash management and cash count
5. Help consolidate the necessary document for the month end accounting close process, including preparing Journal entries for prepaid accounts and other journal entries.
6. Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
7. Assist with the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
8. Assist in maintaining filing of monthly sub journals vouchers.
9. Assist in verifying vouchers for the voucher program and maintaining proper filing system
10. Help with the preparation of the award Budget Pipelines, Budget vs. Actual reports, and Cash Flow Projection.
11. Help with the maintenance of the Country Support Budget and estimation of support costs.
12. Liaise with the Human Resources department to maintain the Staff List and monthly payroll.
13. Liaise with the Programmes department to update contract trackers, reconcile invoices and delivery records, and comply with cost allocation guidelines.
14. Any other duties assigned by the Finance Coordinator/ Manager.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- A university degree in accounting is required.
- Minimum of 2 years successful of general ledger accounting experience in the humanitarian field.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- Good Computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, particularly Excel).
- Able to communicate verbally and written in English, Arabic and Kurdish.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.