About the job:
At amal, we are committed to elevating people’s eCommerce experience by offering a seamless, user-friendly, and secure digital platform built against the backdrop of state-of-the-art technology.
Our agile and reliable eTail solutions are curated for connected customers on the go focusing on MENA & CIS regions. Starting with Iraq, we aim to expand to other underserved frontier markets. We aspire to become our consumer’s first choice for online shopping by offering a mix of full-spectrum and vertical marketplace solutions with a trusted network of local/international partners.
We are looking for a Finance Manager for our eCommerce Company, based in Baghdad who will have overall responsibility for Finance function covering financial accounting, Accounts payable Accounts receivable, Bank reconciliation, monthly financial book closing and MIS
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for Iraq Finance function covering financial accounting, Accounts payable Accounts receivable, Bank reconciliation, monthly financial book closing and MIS.
- Preparation of Annual budgets for each business vertical at country level.
- Revenue Assurance; Timely & accurate of reconciliation of COD & Credit Card Transactions.
- Monitoring Credit limits for customers and ensuring prompt collection of receivables and pro-actively highlighting issues if any, to business head.
- Monthly business performance MIS - Budget Vs Actual and other business KPIs.
- Participate along with stakeholders in finalizing country level commercial contracts (eg. Local services contracts, rental etc).
- Ensuring Purchase Orders raised by buying team are in line with budgets and at approved rates.
- Maintaining Inventory control systems at warehouses through adequate reconciliation and physical verification process.
- Compliance with local commercial and tax law requirements.
- Timely updating of transactions in ERP and ensuring reliability of monthly financial reporting.
- Banking operations, monitoring cash flow and speedy remittance of surplus funds to Dubai.
- Achieving performance KPIs i.e. Timeliness and accuracy of MIS, speedy turnaround of approvals (e.g. Purchase Orders), Timeliness of Vendor Payments, Receivables control among others.
- Support and Guidance to finance Team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Be a self-starter who always looks to push a project forward without immediate supervision.
- Cost- and success-oriented thinking
- Very good organizational skills and project management experience
- Communication and leadership skills
- Very good at problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Strong organizational skills and highly deadline driven.
- Ability to cope in a busy and challenging environment and work to fast deadlines.
- Resourceful, innovative thinker.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Science or similar field.
- Proven working experience in finance or relevant experience min 8 years.
- Fluent English and Arabic is a must.