Discovery is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Finance Control Officer ready for a new challenge to play a role in the delivery of high-quality financial monitoring and verification services across a range of projects.
The Financial Control Officer will Support the team in financial monitoring projects, and will be responsible for reviewing a variety of projects supporting documents, transactions and procedures and ensure its compliance with funding agency regulations. A solid experience of EU rules and regulations is required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Review and cross check a variety of documents to ensure projects expenditures reflect real activities.
· Conduct checking of a sample of financial transactions to assure correctness and completeness.
· Verify the actual use of control and procedures in different field offices.
· Ensure compliance in terms of supporting documentation for all processed payments in line with international standard regulations.
· Verify that adequate documentary evidence is kept for incurred costs.
· Analyze data from different sources and report on findings and develop actionable recommendations.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by line manager on ad hoc basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
· Masters or bachelor’s degree in related field (Finance, accounting ..).
· At least 5 years’ experience in Finance and accounting in International organizations.
· At least 2 year’ experience with EU funded projects and EU rules and regulations.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines within agreed upon timeframes.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
· Native Arabic and good English, both spoken and written.
· Experience working on DIFID funded projects (desired).