The Restoration of Peace, Livelihoods and Economic Cycles in Anbar (RePLECA) Programme is implemented by the Iraqi Ministry of Planning of Iraq and local partners with the support of GIZ, acting on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The current program phase is from December 2019 to June 2023.
RePLECA focuses on stabilizing and improving rural livelihoods for the most vulnerable groups in Anbar Governorate by rehabilitating productive infrastructure, providing agricultural inputs, engaging in capacity development, facilitating access to public services, and supporting local peace processes. The project’s goal is to improve livelihood perspectives in the agricultural sector along the whole value chain from seed to consumption and to contribute to peaceful coexistence between and within communities. The project follows three main objectives:
- Increasing the yield of smallholder households
- Promotion of employment prospects in the broader agricultural sector and in the food industry
- Fostering peaceful local participation and decision-making processes with a focus on increasing economic, social and political participation.
RePLECA is partnering with international and local partners to deliver context-sensitive and tailored services. In cooperation with the Iraqi Ministry of Planning, RePLECA is working at the governmental level with the Directorate of Agriculture, Directorate of Water Resources as well as the Anbar provincial government.
The Finance Assistant / Cashier is responsible for:
- ensuring that tasks carried out smoothly within the assigned area of responsibility.
- ensuring full compliance to all GIZ internal rules and regulations in the assigned area of responsibility
- Performing general clerical services as instructed
The Finance Assistant / Cashier performs the following tasks:
1. Financial services
The Finance assistant / Cashier, in close coordination with the Administration and Operations Manager,
- performs cash payments according to the GIZ internal requirements.
- manages the cash boxes and ensures the daily booking of all financial transactions in the electronic cash and bankbooks.
- Identifies cash requirements, and processes cash withdrawals following an imprest system.
- assists in paying out cash for travel or food allowances to participants against signature.
- Prepares payment vouchers and ensures all relevant supporting documents are attached, checked, and stored correctly on daily basis.
- Codes all expenditures following the standard GIZ chart of accounts, or coded budget and record in the electronic cash and bank books daily and ensures weekly review.
- Compile's cash and bank reconciliations.
- Follows GIZ financial procedures and timely sends all accounting documents to the Administration and Operations Manager.
- Ensures compliance and adherence to GAAPs, GIZ policies, and standard accounting practices.
2. General services
The Finance Assistant / Cashier
- reports without delay to the person responsible for accounting on all problems in financial administration and compliance with rules
- Files vouchers and documents in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations
- is responsible for filing financial administration documents and treating information confidentially.
- Scans all vouchers regularly and submits them to the Administration and Operations Manager.
- Supports administrative and other staff to ensure cash-related rules are followed.
3. Other duties/additional tasks
The Finance Assistant / Cashier
- photocopies and scans documents as needed.
- supports in GIZ in-house event arrangements.
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
C. Required qualifications, competencies, and experience.
- certificate/diploma or comparable qualification from a commercial academy (accounting)
- at least 1-3 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Previous experience with international NGO.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- in-depth knowledge of accounting software
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- fluent knowledge of the Arabic language
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (RA-RePLECA21-129) Finance assistant / Cashier
- The subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivation letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots, and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications past the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered