RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence, as well as the principles and mandate of the organization at all times.
- Collect cash books and cash counts from field offices on a weekly basis and prepare them for uploading in Maconomy;
- Collect supporting documents from field offices, prepare vouchers and send to Finance and Admin Manager in a timely manner;
- Responsible for petty cash and cash advances in the Coordination Office;
- Conduct cash count at the end of every day;
- Prepare payments for local suppliers, contractors and service providers;
- Monthly reconciliation of all balancing accounts including cash and bank;
- Adjustments and re-allocations of budget lines, as/when necessary;
- Prepare monthly cash transfer request for HQ;
- Ensure strict adherence to DCA Accounting procedures and regulations and internal controls.
- Provide timely and accurate input for the monthly HQ reports;
- Prepare monthly salary templates for uploading in Maconomy;
- Provide offices with salary slips for payment of salaries;
- Any other work related activities requested by the Finance and Admin Manager, or Programme Manager.
Training and Support
- Assist with administration of partner organizations, hereunder verification of financial reports and supporting documentation, training, partner visits and follow-up on outstanding issues;
- Translation of supporting finance related documents;
- Support partner organizations with finance and budget training, mentoring and capacity building;
- Support Base Managers inside Syria, and provide training as/when needed.
Coordination and Official Representation
- Maintain excellent relationship with all departments in the programme, liaise regularly with procurement, logistics and HR departments to ensure all documents and records are updated and synergised;
- Assist with all matters related to the bank in Erbil, and liaise with banking officials as/when needed.
What the organization requires:
- At least 3 years working with an INGO in the area of Finance – this is an essential requirement;
- At least 3 years experience of budget and financial tracking, as well as cashbooks and financial transactions;
- University degree;
- Computer literate: comfortable working in MS Word, Excel, database management;
- Excellent level of English (speaking, reading and writing);
- Excellent level of Arabic (speaking, reading and writing);
- Excellent level of Kurdish (speaking, reading and writing);
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong teamwork skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- High degree of judgment and initiative, with ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
What the organization provides:
- Competitive salary and leave package
- Training and capacity building