The project is currently working in the governorates of Dohuk and Sinjar. The main office is in Dohuk where senior management run Finance and HR. Sectors of humanitarian intervention include MH-PSS, Livelihood, Agribusiness support, Legal assistance, health, and education. in May 2020 Yazda has approx 100 staff, mainly deployed in Sinjar region and involved in field work. As part of the partnership between IOM and Yazda, the former is committed to support Yazda’s team in delivering sustainable services at scale ensuring the utmost respect for international criteria of good management in perform their major functions.
SCOPE OF WORK: The winning bidder, denominated as “RECIPIENT” in this document, provides methodologies and training designed to assist Yazda in their quests for performance excellence, specifically in the field of Finance and HR. Through the application of these methodologies and training its team develop clearly articulated goals, and objectives and achieve those goals and objectives through exemplary performance. The RECIPIENT is expected to review existing policies in the field of Finances and HR and other related areas, make suggestions for improvement, facilitate capacity development and institution strengthening, using the activities and milestones set out in the capacity development plan, it covers the following broad capacity areas such as financial management, procurement and monitoring and evaluation.
Under the guidance and supervision of Yazda’s Country director, the recipient will ensure assessment of the organization’s strengths and weaknesses and will draft a plan to provide guidance, design, implementation and development of capacity development activities, with key results contributing to the overall successful achievement and sustainability of Yazda’s intervention in the different strands of activities.
The RECIPIENT has the following responsibilities:
- Analyze the institutional gaps noted during the November 2019 Baseline/field evaluation conducted by IOM and assess the work conducted since that date to address them. This might involve consultations with IOM and desk review of the remarks initially formulated by IOM.
- Make recommendation to existing guidelines, policies and internal instructions and if needed, develop detailed strategy for effective implementation of the different operations under Yazda’s diverse portfolio.
- Develop general performance benchmarks and measurable indicators to monitor and evaluate every step within the Capacity Development component
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to all project partners to enhance performance and quality assurance, share knowledge, and build capacity
- Provide a detailed operational plan to include in policies, for the management of the NGO under the restrictions due to Coronavirus, and in specific, how to operate Finance and HR departments through remote leadership and diffused work force. It shall include strategies to mitigate against potential cash flow delays, staff sick leave and other specific coronavirus related circumstances
- Provide a detailed operational plan to operate in situation of reduced staff and single staff, providing in these cases the necessary operational procedures to ensure the maximum accountability.
- Organize and implement training activities for Yazda’s team considering the following areas of capacity development:
✓ Need assessments, Project cycle, Program management, Logistics and procurement, Supply chain, Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption measures etc.
✓ Finance management and monitor expenditures based on approved budget for specific initiatives within Capacity Development component.
✓ Finance systems, Project Management software etc.
✓ How to manage contracts with stakeholders and partners (NGOs, private consultants, and government directorates). This may include “soft skills component such as networking, NGO branding, communication skills etc.
✓ All aspects related to administrative registration, HR and staff management, taxes and exemptions etc.
• All these documents, plan, methodology, are to be presented in English.
• Advanced degree (Masters or equivalent) preferably in social science, international development, public administration, economics or other relevant field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience in the related area.
• Five/ eight years of professional development experience in project management. Experience in implementing, designing, and demonstrated understanding of project monitoring;
• Ability to effectively coordinate with government, NGO, and local stakeholders essential;
• Analytical and conceptual ability; demonstrated understanding and application of Human Capacity Development methods.
• Strong networking and interpersonal skills, ability to plan, organize and coordinate work and to cope with a demanding workload is expected.
• English language fluency and strong writing skills required. Arabic and Kurdish language is desirable.
• Ability to deploy at Yazda offices in Dohuk as part of the consultancy.