The conflict between the Syrian regime and opposition forces, which began more than ten years ago, has since become increasingly fragmented and violent. The situation of the people on the ground is becoming increasingly critical amid massive human rights violations. The stabilization project focuses on strengthening civil society vis-à-vis the regime and extremist groups by maintaining the influence of civil society actors on the ground. This is achieved through the promotion of civil society initiatives, local consultation processes, and the reintegration of marginalized groups. Due to the security situation in Syria, the project is being implemented remotely from Er-bil/Iraq.
- Assisting with filing documents in reference files or DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Assist the colleagues in their logistics preparations (travel arrangements, airport car bookings with RMO,..etc)
- Maintaining the inventory list for the programme
- Supporting the project with their events and workshop preparations such as preparing the meeting rooms and making sure they are supplied with the necessary equipment
- Photocopies and scans documents as needed
- Manages and coordinates schedules for regular team meetings, and other events (e.g. workshops), responsible for booking the meeting rooms in the office
- Communication and liaison with the different service providers who provide services for the projects’ offices, e.g. landlord, cleaning and maintenance companies, etc.
- Report malfunctions or maintenance needs of office equipment to the relevant units, e.g.vIT, maintenance team, logistics team, etc.
- Quality control of the services provided by external service providers, such as clean-ing and maintenance services, and report any problems or issues to the relevant units
- Processes small procurement requests for office supplies such as stationary, small office equipment, hosting and catering items such as tea, coffee, etc. in close coordination with the administration team
- In charge of receiving the goods that are procured and delivered to the project by per- forming quality and quantity checks
- Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder could be asked by the line manager to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (MS Office)
- Very good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written), and knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish, and/ or German language is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills;
- Structured and independent way of working, initiative, and flexibility;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed upon with management;
- Experience with GIZ and/or with an international company/ organization is an asset.
Important notes for your application
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL- SP22-103) Finance and Admin Intern of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications