The Iraq Community Resilience Initiative (ICRI), an International Development project, seeks candidates for Field Program Assistant (FPA) based in Ninewah. The project aims to promote recovery in conflict-affected areas, with a focus on minority communities, in Ninewa Province. The Field Program Officer (FPA) plays a central role in in identifying potential partners and developing activities in support of ICRI’s program goal and objectives.
- Help the PDO/RPM to identify potential partners.
- Collect necessary information as requested to support the budget development process for new activities.
- Support the monitoring of activities in coordination with the M&E Specialist and PDO.
- Provide program detail to the PDO as necessary for program reports.
- Support basic market research as requested by the program.
- Conduct situational awareness and contextual analysis on the geographic and surrounding areas of the location of the FPA.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local and regional political context of Northern Iraq and Ninewa Province strongly preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills are required, as is the ability to organize assigned workload.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Working proficiency in written and spoken English is preferred. Arabic and/or another local language is required.