Chemonics International seeks applications from qualified candidates for the position of Field Program Assistant (FPA) for the Iraq Regional Program (IRP) based in Sinjar City, Iraq. IRP is a USAID project that aims to promote an inclusive and stable Iraq; assist persecuted, conflict-affected populations; and support stabilization and recovery efforts. The FPA will play a key role in identifying potential program partners and grant concepts, developing grant ideas, overseeing implementation, and monitoring of grantee performance. Candidates with a background in agriculture are highly encouraged to apply.
· Identify potential grantees, develop grant proposals and participate in the proposal review process if necessary.
· Define grant implementation strategies and budgets as needed.
· Assist with all field activities.
· Monitor the progress of each grant and provide reports.
· Assist in procurement functions
· Assist in scheduling and facilitating meetings with past, current, and prospective grantees,
· Providing updates and briefings on the evolving situation in the field.
· Conduct situational awareness and contextual analysis on the geographic and surrounding areas
· Assist with general administrative and operational issues in coordination with other program staff.
· Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local and regional political context of Iraq and assigned Province strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of Iraqi social and political structures at the national, regional and local levels is highly desirable. Background in agriculture preferred.
· Good interpersonal and communications skills are required, as is the ability to organize assigned workload.
· Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment
· A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Fluency in written and oral Arabic is required; Written and oral fluency in English, and other local languages is highly preferred, but not required.
· High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in development, social sciences, or related field preferred
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.