Iraq Community Resilience Initiative – Ta’afi (ICRI-Ta’afi)
Scope of Work
Field MEL Coordinator
The Iraq Community Resilience Initiative – Ta’afi (ICRI-Ta’afi) is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by supporting accelerated recovery in conflict-affected areas, improvement of the public’s perception of local leadership, and strengthened social fabric of Iraqi communities.
Field Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Coordinator will report to Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer
2. Work Location and Number of Vacancies:
The position is based in Sinjar-Iraq. (1) vacancy.
- Assists in the monitoring of overall implementation of program activities by collecting data in the field and reporting at the output and outcome level in accordance with monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans
- Works closely with the MEL officer to ensure MEL plans are executed in a timely manner
- Supports MEL officer to ensure timely and accurate data collection and reporting for pre/post-intervention assessments, activity monitoring, surveys, and evaluations, using quantitative and qualitative tools, including but not limited to focus group discussions, key informant interviews, qualitative observation, and surveys
- Assists the MEL officer in creating and developing tools and templates to collect and analyze data, including remote monitoring tools and online surveys
- Supports regular field visits to program locations and activities. Drafts site visit reports and shares with wider team
- Collects, analyzes, and systematizes feedback on individual activities or groups of activities
- Assists grantees with report preparation to ensure reports capture results
- Schedules, organizes, and carries out the logistics of field data collection
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required
- Demonstrated ability in data collection and reporting on program impact and implementation highly preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and teamwork and Experience with donor- funded organizations preferred
- Strong contextual knowledge and established networks with local community groups and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Experience working with data collection software preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and exercise good, professional judgment
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, the general public, and partner institutions, including international and local nongovernmental organizations, governmental entities, and support organizations
- Willingness to travel, sometimes extensively, within Iraq
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic is required; written and oral fluency in English, Kurdish and other local languages is preferred, but not required
6. Additional Information
- Contract period: Until 31 January 2022 without possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-06
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment.
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved trainings for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme.