World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Field coordinator – Ninewa (Early Warning)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position falls under the project Small Business promotion in Ninewa. The Field Coordinator will manage the day-to-day implementation of project activities funded by UNDP FFS at 100% effort in order to achieve project goals and objectives including: facilitation trainings for staff, preparing and monitoring distribution sites for grant disbursements, leading consolations within the community with authorities, including support in beneficiary selection and verification process (liaising with government authorities and other NGOs as appropriate), support in report writing, and coordinate monitoring of project activities.
They role will be responsible for coordinating the business trainings to all beneficiaries and managing business coaches and trainers (including tracking progress among coaches on mentorship follow-ups).
Quality Project Implementation
- Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets and work closely with the other partners and coordinator to mitigate the project management and implementation challenges faced, carry out the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, etc
Coordination and Capacity Building of Beneficiaries:
- Facilitate beneficiary training them on business development and supervise one on one mentorship provided by business coaches/mentors
- Work closely with target beneficiaries on regular basis to support them to attain their goals for economic development through regular checks of progress and providing feedback on progress to inform adaptation needed to improve the capacity building activity.
- Strengthen the relationships between individuals in groups, which can ensure collaboration, continuity and sustainability
- Create a platform of learning and exchange of ideas and resources among target beneficiaries, mentors, external bodies and institutions with special focus on economic development.
- Coordinate with line ministries or private sector to conduct training to project beneficiaries and identify market linkages
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL
- Submit weekly/monthly report to the project manager
- Based on the donor requirement, support project manager to submit required donor report
Planning and Budgeting
- Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
- Follow up and coordination with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc
- Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years of experience working experience in livelihood and economic development programs that focus on business skills development,
- Field experience working with communities and liaising with government departments
- Good understanding of enterprise capacity building and mentorship approaches.
- Ability to study and understand the market dynamics, identify market gaps and identify practical solutions to address them.
- Higher education – Bachelors degree,
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, English and Kurdish languages
- Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience of communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders.
- The position is based in Ninewa
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
- The position is preferred to be in Ninewa
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.