Near East Foundation (NEF) – Iraq
Reporting to: Siraj Center Manager
Location: Baqubah, Iraq
Number of Available Positions: 7
Background: Building Resilient Livelihoods among Vulnerable Iraqi IDPs, Returnees, and Host Communities in Salah Al-Din and Diyala’
In partnership with US Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration, the Near East Foundation Building Resilient Livelihoods project builds resilience and support economic well-being for IDP, returnee, and host community women and youth in Salah Al-Din and Diyala.
- Supervise and evaluate activities of program and field work;
- Supervise and manage a team of volunteers to ensure project activities are implemented as outlined in proposal;
- Assign tasks to staff members and volunteers and provide follow up and guidance;
- Contribute to establishing and implementing operational work plans, setting clear targets and activity plans per activities/trainings in direct coordination with head office and partners;
- Maintain continuous line of communication with country-office on daily basis;
- Ensure smooth exchange of information respectively between partners and volunteers’ program, beneficiaries, and the community;
- Provide technical support as needed;
- Contribute in ongoing field assessments and data collection and entry as/when required;
- Ensure that data is accurately collected, entered, and shared on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis;
- Provide information and advice for beneficiaries and walk ins in the Siraj center on existing services;
- Collaborate with partners and other agencies when required;
- Compile relevant information on available services in assigned location;
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate distribution of materials when needed;
- Maintain records, reports problems or concerns to country office and partners;
- Support other project activities as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in Social Sciences or any other relevant degree;
- Minimum of two-year experience in community mobilization in international NGOs;
- Familiar with Report Writing;
- Familiar with the cultural, socio-economic and political environment in the relevant districts;
- Knowledge of basic IT tools, in particular MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
NEF will accept a rolling application until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible before Thursday, January 2, 2020.
Please apply by submitting the following documents to the Near East Foundation careers page at https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=56&source=HAWA :
- Cover letter outlining relevant experience and availability
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.