Job Title: Social Worker
Department: Empowering Women and Girls in Iraqi Kurdistan
Reports to: Project Manager
City: Duhok, Iraq
Contract Type: Full-time
Asuda for Combating Violence against Women is an Iraqi NGO dedicated to combating and eliminating all forms of violence against women and girls through an international, institutionalized and systematic approach to protect women’s rights and strengthen civil society entities in the region. Asuda seeks the attainment of a safe environment for women and other marginalized groups, free from all forms of violence and discrimination. Asuda works for a world where everyone is held accountable for their actions, and individuals can rely on the provision of legal services. Asuda works with national and international organizations to raise awareness, to continue advocating for women’s rights, and to lead projects directed at empowering women and girls in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Social Worker is a qualified national staff who, under the supervision of the Project Manager, will work with clients and families on GBV issues and practices. The Social Worker will be based in Duhok, with regular travel to sites in Duhok governorate. Occasional travel to other KRG governorates may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receiving cases, case management and/or counselling for IDPs, refugees and host communities (up to 30%).
- Filling out host community’s intake forms for survivors/beneficiaries, and/or refer them to psychiatric to determine the case’s problem as fisrt step befor taking any actions.
- Enable to supervene a scure plan related to the case’s problem.
- Work very carfully with the case’s families both parties due to the danger of the work nature, for avoid and priventing any unexpectabel risk could hapens.
- Conducting interviews with the cases and their families to assess and review their situation
- Consultation and provide support to cases and their families.
- Visiting relevant authorities and making connections with during cases solving problem’s process.
- Organising and managing packages of support to enable cases to lead the fullest lives possible;
- Recommending/counselling and sometimes making decisions about the best action for a particular case.
- Liaising with, and making referrals to, other agencies;
- Participating in relevant clusters and meetings regarding, for example, Women protection or health when necessary.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports for legal action;
- Participating in training, supervision and team meetings.
- Conducting seminars and workshops relevant to the project;
- Working in a confidential setting and listen attentively to their clients;
- Documentation and filling of the clients in confidential manner;
- Updating and reporting to the project manager and coordinator on regular basis, as well as updating existed data base related to the project.
- Collect data through GBV and non-GBV management tools and systems, in line with the principle of confidentiality;
- Analyze the information about clients accessing the services, in order to improve service delivery;
- Complete monthly activity reports and develop and maintain work plans to achieve activities;
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree, preferably in social work, psychology, or related field.
- Arabic, Kurdish, and English languages are required.
- At least 3 years of working as a social worker is required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working with people from different backgrounds
- Demonstrate integrity by modeling Asuda’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Asuda
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development of new skills
- Seeks and applies knowledge and best practices from within and outside Asuda
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a CV attached electronically to email@example.com indicating the position they are applying for in the subject line of the email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of their age, race, gender, ethnicity, or nationality.