Faith and Development/Social Cohesion Project Coordinator (Part time) – Erbil
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Faith and Development/Social Cohesion Project Coordinator (Part time) – Erbil.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Coordinator’s main role is to coordinate and manage the implementation of WV Iraq’s F&D project.
This includes active participation in project/program design and development, and lead the planning,
implementation and monitoring of the project, coordination with stakeholders such as the government, NGOs,
(and UN),as well as documentation, monitoring, evaluation, research, capacity building and representing WV in
The main objectives of the project are to build the internal capacity of WV Iraq programme staff in the areas of faith and development and social cohesion, and to contribute to WV's mission in Iraq by leading dialogue sessions and focus group discussions with religious leaders in the project's target locations in Erbil, Ninewa andSalah al-Din, with the aim of raising awareness among religious leaders and communities about child protection and well-being, and building sustainable relationships and engagement with key stakeholders, churches and religious leaders from diverse backgrounds.
Project Operations & Management:
- Demonstrate World Vision’s core values, vision and mission in all aspects of the role.
- Manage and lead implementation of Faith and Development (F&D)/Social Cohesion activities in line with established goals, objectives and partnership agreements in collaboration with the F&D Technical Advisor.
- Support in facilitating of dialogue sessions and focus group discussion (FGD) with faith leaders in the project’s target areas
- Coordination and engagement with churches and with multi-background faith leaders.
- Manages the project budget to ensure that the project is operating within its budget limitations in order to meet its goals and objectives, tracks budget and financial project expenditures.
- Ensure the project follows WV policies and procedures in terms of security, finance, administration, and operations.
- Identify and evaluate problem areas or constraints that may inhibit attainment of program objectives.
- Identify and engagement with the main key actors in each targeting areas of the project.
- Reporting on the project’s interim reports and other reports as needed;
- Develops, updates and edits various program documents highlighting WV works in Iraq;
- Provide support for topics related to minority rights, Social cohesion and reconciliation process in Iraq, as required.
- Cooperation with WV Iraq’s communication team in developing programmatic success stories into pieces for website to demonstrate impact of project.
- Travel to the project’s target area within KRI as well as to Ninewa and Salah al-Din on a monthly basis for events and activities
Project Management (Quality Implementation, Financial & Risk Management):
- Assist in applying Quality benchmark tool on the project in coordination with MEAL team
- Give variance explanation for monthly financial reports and budget project when required.
Monitoring & Evaluation and Administration Reporting:
- Ensure that project documentation is prepared, including weekly and monthly project reports on implementation status as per requirements of World Vision.
- Support Zonal Manager in liaising with Finance and Grants team in tracking F&D component project expenditure, reviewing financial reports, and addressing queries of related expenditure in timely manner.
- To ensure quality project implementation is in line with WV, local and international standards.
- Give weekly updates to zonal manager and F&D technical advisor as per need and prepare monthly project reports to zonal manager
- Ensure that organizational security measures and directives are integrated into project.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job
- Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Response Manager
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to conflict, peacebuilding, reconciliation or development preferred
- Experience managing and leading grant implementation is highly advantageous.
- (2-3) years’ experience in grant project management. Strong generalist background essential, but Faith & Development and social cohesion technical sectors expertise advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in peacebuilding and inter-faith dialogue.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating dialogue and focus group discussion (FGD)
- 2-3 years of development and/or relief work at the programmatic level.
- Experience in integrated program/project cycle management
- Experience working in a fragile context
- Mentoring within cross-cultural contexts.
- Demonstrated technical and professional aptitude in project management in a fragile context.
- Strong understanding of post-conflict, peace and reconciliation concepts
- Strong awareness of diversity in Christian denominations and willingness to learn about or engage with other faith groups, especially those present in Iraq.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, abilities to work as a team member
- Strong intercultural relations competency
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate value of WV’s interfaith work as well as interact effectively in culturally and religiously diverse environments.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc
- Demonstrated understanding of the humanitarian sector
- Advanced written and oral English skills i.e. the ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written English.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of project cycle elements, M&E systems design and management.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Cross-cultural and gender sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure and who has ability to manage work tasks without direct supervision.
- Effective in establishing priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor activities, juggle competing demands and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to work with and relate to diverse personality types, to practice relational and ideological tolerance, and to contribute to a positive organizational culture.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations and healthy social interactions in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in implementation and evaluation of relevant projects.
- Fluency in local language(s)
- Presence according to WVI P&C policy.
- Up to 60 Percent domestic travel.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/christian- commitments/fanddsocial-cohesion-project-coordinator-part-time-erbil/177888
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 5 October 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.