BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC has long-term programs based in Baghdad and Erbil, as well as emergency response programs supporting Syrian refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs), returnees and host communities.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, IRC currently addresses the needs of war-affected Iraqi IDPs from several operational bases in the region. Our activities in the region focus primarily on the provision of non-food items, unconditional cash grants, health, early recovery, community protection and child protection and form part of an overarching humanitarian response in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey and the region that seeks to assist IDPs and refugees survive conflict and displacement.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Economic Recovery and Development Senior Livelihoods Officer is a short-term IRC position working to support the local partner in improving livelihoods of families’ affected by conflict in Iraq with access to business training followed by apprenticeship, business grants and Job counselling in addition to agribusiness activities. Supervised by the program Manager and Field lead, the ERD Senior Officer will work closely with the local partner teams, and other IRC Program Departments, other stakeholders providing assistance to IDPs, Returnees and Host community.
Location of Work: Anbar Governorate (including Ramadi)
Strategic Planning and Program Development
- Support the local partner’s ERD Field Team in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of livelihoods activities.
- Under direct supervision and guidance of the program Manager produce/update program documentation (e.g. consolidated work plans, responsibility matrixes, progress reports), based on project information provided by the local partner.
- Provide inputs for the design of business training, vocational training and business development and support grants, projects in line with assessment findings and in coordination with the local partner and the ERD team members.
- Supporting the local partner’s team in oversee collection, analysis, and reporting of data information collected (including on business training and business development and support grants) in close coordination with the Data base team.
- Support the local partner’s ERD team in determining resource requirements (human resources, equipment and materials, funding) for affective field project activities implementation.
- Assist senior management with any requests for information or data regarding program expansion or development
- Under the direct supervision of program Manager oversee all procurement process for the livelihoods projects, business training and business development and support grants, through the implementation, ensuring timely availability of all supplies materials and assets requested for the activities.
- Responsible for preparing Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders and Payment documents as required, to ensure all payment requests and transactions with contractors follow standardized and transparent procurement systems.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
- Ensure transparency in accounting, reporting and documenting the Livelihoods assistance, business training and business development and support grants activities with the local partner, and ensure compliance with standards and donor policies.
- Coordinate with the Data Base Officer to manage project information and maintain all documentation related to ERD projects activities, ensuring that they are accessible, well organized and that they comply with standards and templates agreed
- Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project participant complaints, local authority interference and security threats to ERD staff and activities
- Complete any required monitoring as outlined by the program Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, ERD technical manager and coordinator to enable and develop IRC programs.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Project Manager – Field Manager/Area Coordinator.
- Position directly supervises: N/A.
- Position Reports indirectly to: ERD Technical Manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional with demonstrated capacity for high level representational work and record of excellent teamwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economy, Business, Management or related field.
- At least 3 years of INGO experience preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Experience with Economic programming, market-based emergency responses and livelihoods programming strongly desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
SPECIFIC SECURITY SITUATION/HOUSING:
The security situation in Iraq remains fluid and unpredictable. Candidates may expect periods of insecurity, periodic suspensions of, or restrictions in, program operation and/or field travel, and high levels of volatility in the operating environment.
- Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to Iraqhr@rescue.org
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل
متساوية و ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات
(سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي
مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء
مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى Iraqhr@rescue.org
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.