CALL FOR LETTER OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR A DEVELOPMENT OF A COMMUNICATION STRATEGY AND ITS INITIAL IMPLEMENTATION FOR RESTORATION OF PEACE, LIVELIHOODS AND ECONOMIC CYCLES IN ANBAR (RePLECA) PROGRAMME, GIZ IRAQ
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, The Restoration of Peace, Livelihoods and Economic Cycles in Anbar (RePLECA) Programme, is requesting services from consultancy firms to develop a communication strategy, media production, and initial implementation of communication measures in Anbar Governorate. This requires engaging RePLECA's different target groups with relevant information and key messages through formal and informal communication channels.
Tasks to be performed by the contractor:
The contractor is responsible for verifying the existing documents on RePLECA and come up with recommendations for improvements. Hence, the contractor is responsible for developing, and implementing different communications approaches to each target audience of each component of RePLECA. All tasks will be approved and performed in close coordination with the GIZ team.
1. Working on Verifications and Recommendation Paper:
• Assessing and verifying RePLECA’s existing documents on mainstream/new media channels and description on different target audiences
• Producing an executive report on recommendations for improvement.
• Creating a database that includes list of mainstream/new media names, links, contacts and affiliation, and the type of content they disseminate and selecting the
most suitable ones to use for RePLECA outreach.
• Based on the verifications and recommendations, development of a communication strategy for implementation in Anbar Governorate, incl. expanding the description paper of of the identified Target Audiences (TA) by adding characteristics of each target audience such as their typical behavior, preferred or common ways of communications, information needs and adequate dissemination.
The general TA in Anbar Governorate are:
a. Agriculture: Farmers, farmer households, etc.
b. Peacebuilding: local peace and community leaders, etc.
c. Governmental: Government officials, directorates, offices, mayors, etc.
d. Education: Teachers, principals, students, parents, etc.
• Developing ways of communications to each target audience such as informal communications, written communications, or visual communications.
• Producing relevant information, key messages, and content for communicating).
2. Media Production Strategy:
• Conceptualizing, implementing and/or producing different communications materials according to the approved way of communications. This includes all type of approaches taken for communications.
3. Dissemination strategy and concepts:
• Conceptualizing a suitable dissemination methodology and approach for each target group both informal direct outreach and online outreach.
• Getting in contact with both mainstream and the new media to disseminate the materials that is relevant for these channels. GIZ expects the products to be widely disseminated on TV, Radio, and social media.
4. Training for the staff:
Providing a 2-day practical training to a number of RePLECA staff on conveying messages to various target audiences within RePLECA.
The approximate set of criteria are the following:
• The service provider should have experience in informal cultural communications in Anbar Governance, Iraq.
• The service provider should have at least 5 years of experience in conceptualizing and implementing communications strategies for any of the sectors of rural development, agriculture, peacebuilding, education, social sector planning or a development-related field at regional, national, and sub-national levels.
• The service provider must be experienced and have a full understanding and knowledge of Building communications strategies, developing key messages, and disseminating approaches in Anbar Government.
• The service provider should have at least 20 full time employees.
• Experience with humanitarian or development organizations is an advantage. Interested companies, and consultancy firms are kindly requested to express their interest for the above-mentioned services, to send a Letter of Interest with following documents:
For Companies, and Consultancy firms:
1. Introduction of the firm and the company. This can be through providing its Profile.
2. Provide references of similar services.
3. Provide the copies of original documents defining the constitution or legal status, place of registration (Company Certificate), all documents should be updated.
4. Provide a letter directed to GIZ exploring the interest to work with GIZ for above mentioned services.
5. Provide CVs of the employees at the firm.
6. Bank data with all details from a local bank (Bank Name, Account Holder, IBAN, account number) Bank account must be under company name.
7. A copy of ID or Passport of the CEO.
Interested companies must submit the above requirement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject name ‘’ RePLECA – Communications Implementation ‘’.
The deadline for submission is:
14:00 PM Baghdad Time