English Tutor - Ninewa
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of English Tutor - Ninewa
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Tutor will lead the English courses provided to EMPACT project to vulnerable Syrian refugees, Internally Displaced Iraqis, Returnees and host communities in Ninawa, Duhok and Erbil Governorates of Iraq.
The English Tutor will work closely with EMPACT project coordinator and team leader to ensure high quality courses and smooth implementation of the training sessions on a daily basis and a positive and productive learning environment.
The holder of the position should have high management skills and able communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
The English Tutor will ensure to follow the agreed curriculum by providing 6 teaching hours every day during the working time in terms to achieve the goals by creating sustainable livelihood opportunities for vulnerable communities by transforming and making their skills “portable”, giving them access to the digital workplace and the future of work, as well as providing them with opportunities to generate income and improve household food security and ensuring compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines and uphold commitment to beneficiary entitlement. The holder of the position should have high tutorial skills and able communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
About EMPACT: “Empowerment In Action” project; provides digital skills trainings taking people from having never touched a computer to employable in the international digital economy in 8-16 weeks and connect them to remote jobs through impact sourcing, online freelancing as well as local internships. The training is specifically geared towards the most in need who often have been out of school for many years, have low English skills and are daily struggling to survive.
The aim of the program:
- Jobs and active income generation
- Online jobs (transcend labor market barriers)
- Local community jobs
- Empower young people to achieve their goals (build resilience, confidence)
- Professional development (English, soft skills, CV, interview practice)
- Individualized coaching (encourage ownership over future, develop long-term goals)
- Efficiently teaching English courses and provide capacity building for the student. There will be two types of Tracks provided in each center: beginner (Literacy Track) and advanced (Expert Track).
- Have strong English experience.
- Efficiently teaching of freelancing/life skills (building client relation, interviews basic module, personal branding ect)
- Assist project coordinator/Team Leader to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per programs design.
- Ensure program compliance to Humanitarian Accountability standards.
- Ensure that all resources earmarked to target populations are properly handled, stored, transported, distributed, tracked, fully accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and Donor policy.
- Prepare monthly management reports, and as well as monthly narrative reports for the district according to set standards and formats.
- Facilitate the identification designing and implementing of appropriate training needs for district staff and target communities.
- Able to manage the class and the student
- Following up the curriculum VS the time
- Managing the Tutor’s assistant
Coordination and collaboration
- Coordinate with Team leader and Project coordinator
- Participate in regular coordination meetings in WV and outside agencies including the donor
- Work with the Project coordinator to supervise the Tutor’s assistant and student and provide training for all other WFP livelihood staff.
- Represent the NO in food assistance/ Security, coordination forums as advised by NO management
- Perform any other duties as required by the project Coordinator or his/her designee
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience in humanitarian work.
- Experience in teaching English.
- Experience in education in general and how to deal with the students.
- Strong communication skills Verbal and written English and Arabic.
- Strong management and tracking skills.
- Report writing skills and computer knowledge.
- Well-developed stakeholder networking skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English language, freelancing, Business Admiration, or any other related qualification.
- Knowledge of food projects specially projects related to cash
- Knowledge of educational projects specially English.
- Proven planning, team work and managerial skills
- Demonstrate ability in the design and effective use of training materials
- Stays open to internal and external feedback
- Finds fulfilment in work through creativity, risk taking, initiative, and innovation, and encourages the same in colleagues.
- Ability to supervise and mentor subordinates.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Good knowledge and experience of community mobilization.
- Report writing skills and computer knowledge
Within Iraq governorates
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/support-services/english-tutor-ninewa/17564
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 6 September 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.