World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of EMPACT Team Leader – Duhok
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To effectively assist the project coordinator in the implementation of a food assistance project EMPACT through digital skills training and professional support to vulnerable Syrian refugees, Internally Displaced Iraqis and host communities in Nineveh, Sulaymaniyah, Duhok and Erbil Governorates of Iraq.
The Team Leader will work closely with EMPACT project coordinator to ensure high quality management of our educational centers and strong supervision the instructors and instructors assistants to ensure smooth implementation of the training sessions on a daily basis and a positive and productive learning environment.
The team Leader will ensure that the instructors are follow the agreed curriculum in terms to achieve the goals by creating sustainable livelihood opportunities for vulnerable communities by transforming and making their skills “portable”, giving them access to the digital workplace and the future of work, as well as providing them with opportunities to generate income and improve household food security and ensuring compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines and uphold commitment to beneficiary entitlement.
The holder of the position should have high management skills and able communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
About EMPACT: EMPACT provides digital skills trainings taking people from having never touched a computer to employable in the international digital economy in 8-16 weeks and connect them to remote jobs through impact sourcing, online freelancing as well as local internships. The training is specifically geared towards the most in need who often have been out of school for many years, have low English skills and are daily struggling to survive.
The aim of the program:
Jobs and active income generation
Online jobs (transcend labor market barriers)
Local community jobs
Empower young people to achieve their goals (build resilience, confidence)
Professional development (English, soft skills, CV, interview practice)
Individualized coaching (encourage ownership over future, develop long-term goals)
· Assist the project coordinator to conduct the outreach work and select the beneficiaries related to this project according to WFP and WV standard.
· Assist trainers and their assistants, supervising them to effectively and efficiently manage and coordinate all courses and activities under EMPACT project that are implemented in the educational center.
· Assist project coordinator to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per programs design.
· Ensure program compliance to Humanitarian Accountability standards.
· Ensure that all resources earmarked to target populations are properly handled, stored, transported, distributed, tracked, fully accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and Donor policy.
· Visit target communities on regular basis to get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in planning and implementing relevant community-oriented programs.
· Prepare monthly management reports, and as well as monthly narrative reports for the district according to set standards and formats.
· Facilitate the identification designing and implementing of appropriate training needs for district staff and target communities.
· Having logistic experience to coordinate the pickup of the beneficiaries from their location to our centers, in term to systematic the classes , trainers and beneficiary attendance ,
· Manage and support the distribution of SIM cards and the cash out.
· Have IT and English background to understand the progress of the curriculum.
· Supervise use of resources allocated to the district field monitors
· Supervise all the trainers’ workers through appropriate systems and attend to their welfare issues.
· Collecting daily attendance of teachers, teacher’s assistants and Leader skills required , leading the team in proper way ,
Coordination and collaboration
· Assist project coordinator to Co-ordinate with centers owners and local authorities and beneficiaries leaders.
· Participate in regular coordination meetings in WV and outside agencies including the donor
· Leads capacity development with field staff to ensure competency levels, which allow staff to do their work accordingly.
· Work with the Project coordinator to supervise and provide training for all other WFP livelihood staff.
· Represent the NO in food assistance/ Security, coordination forums as advised by NO management
· Perform any other duties as required by the project Coordinator or his/her designee
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT, English language, Business Admiration, School management or any other related qualification.
· Previous experience in humanitarian work.
· Experience in Food Assistance projects trough cash.
· Experience in education
· Strong communication skills Verbal and written English/Arabic and Kurdish.
· Strong management and tracking skills.
· Report writing skills and computer knowledge.
· Well-developed stakeholder networking skills.
· Knowledge of food projects specially projects related to cash
· Knowledge of educational projects specially IT and English.
· Proven planning, team work and managerial skills
· Demonstrate ability in the design and effective use of training materials
· Stays open to internal and external feedback
· Finds fulfilment in work through creativity, risk taking, initiative, and innovation, and encourages the same in colleagues.
· Ability to supervise and mentor subordinates
· Ability to work under minimum supervision
· Good knowledge and experience of community mobilization.
· Report writing skills and computer knowledge
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
· Office environment: typical field based
· Travel: Domestic travel is required.
· On call: During normal working hours unless there is an emergency
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted