Position Title: Electrical Technician
Line Manager: Maintenance Superintendent Location: SARTA, KRI
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Company is steadily growing the business through the appraisal and development of our assets in the Kurdistan Region.
The role as Electrical Technician within the Sarta block is to support the safe and efficient operation of electrical equipment and installation. Flexibility and adaptability are key areas as the team is small and expectations are high. The field has a high H2S content approx. 8% within the block and H2S experience is a prerequisite for the safe operations.
This KRI – Field based rotational role and will report to the Maintenance Superintendent and reports to the Field Manager responsible for daily operational details. This position is primarily aimed at a Kurdish national in the first instance.
- To support the safe and efficient operation, maintenance, switching and isolation of Electrical equipment and installation across the Sarta concession
- The candidate shall ensure the safety and wellbeing of himself, team members, visitors, and subcontractors within the limits of his responsibility at all times within the Sarta field. Candidate shall be willing to demonstrate a commitment to zero incident safety culture, reporting
- Interaction with a multi-disciplined, multicultural operations team, contractors, and vendors.
- Use the maintenance software system for recording equipment history and data. Importing new equipment and spares required to operate the field over field life.
- Planning daily, monthly, yearly routine and non-routine maintenance.
- Basic accounting for cost of spares over the period, including placing orders and specifying equipment required.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate shall have:
- Education to secondary or High school diploma or above
- Relevant degree in electrical engineering would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 5 years of Electrical based technical experience in Oil and gas Industrial workplace
- Recognised electrical training courses will be appraised
- Hands-on experience working as an Electrical Technician Experience of industrial/oil industry standards, permit to work system, Lock-out tag-out,
- Risk assessment, industrial codes and practices
- Knowledge on Regulatory Requirements
- Experience in Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Experience in selecting, installing, and maintaining equipment in hazardous area against the latest standards
- Experience of industrial wirings practices
- Experience with diesel drive engines and power generation and exposure to Solar power system
- A valid driving license
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office) and diagnostic software and equipment as required
- This position required language skills sufficient to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers
- To act in and emergency team as required and trained to do so
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Including but not limited to: Maintaining and Adjusting Condition of Electrical Equipment, Monitor and Maintain the Performance & Condition of Electrical Equipment, diagnose faults in Electrical Equipment.
- Executing daily Maintenance and Inspection tasks including but not limited to:
- Ex equipment & systems
- High voltage electrical equipment and system (up to 11KV) (Advantage)
- Low Voltage electrical equipment and system (up to 1000 V )
- DCS/ICCS systems (advantage)
- PA & Telecom equipment
- HVAC system
- LV generator
- Motor Control, Flow equipment
- Alarm and Telemetry system,
- heating systems
- Portable tools
- Ensure the proper maintenance of equipment in compliance with standard practices, Electrical codes, IECex and adherence to safety regulations
- Switching and isolation
- Assist with Electrical system installation, troubleshooting and repair as needed
- Read, understand and interpret electrical schematics, ladder drawings, technical specifications and manufacture’s manuals related to repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment
- Perform maintenance on electric motors, control circuits up to 1000VAc
- Understand and demonstrate safe methods of isolation and Permit to work writing.
- Maintain records of electrical PM’s, daily reports, consumable usage, and replenishment
- Stock and cost control as well as maintaining equipment and material inventory
- Perform routine maintenance on production and auxiliary equipment Diesel generators, portable air compressors, water pumps etc and repair when necessary
- Understand the importance of schedule driven performance and deliverables.
- Ensure equipment, materials and tools are kept in good working condition for work execution.
- Interpret technical drawings and confidently update any changes
Candidate shall be willing to:
- Undertake a practical trade test to positively endorse qualification and working knowledge.
- Train as part of local content, local staff to enable a succession plan to be formulated
- Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
- Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors / suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
Please apply via link below before November 25, 2021.