VACANCY: Economic Security Generalist 2
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance and social security scheme).
Job Title: Economic Security Generalist 2
Duty Station: Iraq – Erbil
Reports to: Economic Security Team Leader
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 25 April 2021
Deadline for applications: 09 May 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Economic Security (EcoSec) Team Leader, the Economic Security Generalist 2 carries out field and office work related to assessing, implementing and monitoring the ICRC’s EcoSec programme in Erbil Sub-Delegation by supporting other team members in all sites of Erbil, Sulaymaniyah and Duhok governorates whenever required. Specifically, he/she contributes to the relief in a form of cash or in-kind, micro-economic initiative (MEI), and communal livelihood support programmes (LSP). He/She supports EcoSec TL to run day to day related EcoSec tasks including; focal point for DTP (Distribution tracking), focal point for coordination with other supportive departments (Logistics and Administration) to raise SRs (supply requests), sends payment requests and reconciliation, focal point for EPMT (EcoSec programme management tool) and coordination with BAG EcoSec coordination for sharing weekly and monthly reporting (WoR, relief update, and cash forecast).
- Designs or adjusts data-collection tools.
- Collects data using data-collection tools and devices.
- Enters data into and maintains the survey database and the EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT).
- Performs mid-level qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Describes results and produces data visualizations.
- Collects data using methods that are in line with the household economy approach.
- Collects and analyses market price data.
- Collects nutrition information at the household level; uses their basic understanding of malnutrition to identify vulnerabilities and nutritional shortcomings.
- Analyses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) to identify possible response options.
- Contributes to identifying response options based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building).
- Contributes to designing a good method for registering beneficiaries.
- Contributes to developing methods, plans, implementation, logistics and reporting for aid distribution.
- Carries out on-site aid distributions.
- Contributes to designing and implementing voucher, fair, food/cash-for-work, cash transfer and microeconomic initiative programmes.
- Contributes to analysing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC.
- Contributes to internal reporting.
- Translates documents for internal use and interprets upon request.
- Follow up closely with other team member to have proper DTP record and shares with BAG coordination on time.
- Focal point to raise payment requests related to all types of EcoSec responses under ERB SD AoR, which includes cross checking final receipt confirmation, cash out reports and reconciliation with administration and logistics departments.
- Makes sure that the EcoSec MEI databases are kept properly and data compiled every month from all the sub-sites.
- Every month collects from ERB AoR sub-sites, compiles and analyses the complains/feedback data and reports received from CCC in close coordination with EcoSec TL.
- Prepares weekly tentative Relief distribution plan, Relief Distribution Updates and WOR.
- Contributes to Quarterly EcoSec Report by extracting reported figures in EPMT and drafting the reports. Also, upon needs assists the EcoSec TL with other reports, data and information management.
- Focal point to keep track of EcoSec filing in all sites and manages internal reporting uploaded on TS.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- University degree or professional diploma
- 3 - 5 years’ work experience in a similar field
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English and Kurdish, Arabic is an asset.
- Very good computer skills
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Good analytical skills
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to email@example.com with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy tittle.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).