On behalf of BMZ and the EU, the GIZ Project “Private Sector Development and Employment Promotion in Iraq” (PSD) supports the Iraqi government in improving economic policy conditions for a growth-oriented business climate and improving employment perspectives in the private sector for young people and returning refugees in Iraq. In the area of “Business Climate Improvement”, the project helps its partners in Federal Iraq and the Kurdish Region of Iraq (KRI) to improve framework conditions for private sector growth by facilitating participation of stakeholders from civil society and the private sector in the policy-making process.
- Technical development and implementation of project activities related to participatory policy-making in the area of business climate improvement according to the objectives of BMZ and the EU;
- Communication and coordination with project partners and stakeholders on project activities related to participatory policy-making in the area of business climate improvement (civil society organisations, business membership organisations, and government authorities);
- Coordination with colleagues within the PSD project on the activities and contacts with partners and stakeholders;
- Documentation of activities and monitoring of results and contribution to reporting (BMZ, EU);
- Ensuring adherence to all GIZ rules and regulations.
The main tasks are to engage with private sector, government, and civil society actors on the topic of participatory policy-making to improve the business climate and to implement related activities.
The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan in coordination with the responsible manager. This may include the full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle.
The position holder consults with partners and stakeholders from private sector, civil society, and government to plan and implement project activities, e.g. implementation of advisory services and capacity building measures. This includes organising meetings and maintaining regular communications, assessing advisory and capacity development needs from partners in line with the project mandate, researching advisory and training opportunities, coordinating advisory and training formats as well as planning, documenting, reporting, monitoring, and evaluating results. The position holder also coordinates consulting schemes with external contractors to support project activities, including preparing and implementing contracts according to GIZ processes.
2. Planning and Execution
The position holder provides local, practical, and conceptual knowledge to the project planning process in a cooperative spirit. This includes the project planning, organisation, coordination, and effective controlling throughout its phases.
3. Strategic Networking and Stakeholder Management
The position holder coordinates communication and cooperation with project partners and stakeholders (e.g. civil society organisations, business membership organisations, and government authorities). Stakeholder management tasks include building and maintaining strong networks and relationships, continuously assessing the needs and perspectives of stakeholders, and enabling smooth implementation of project activities. It also includes - in coordination with supervisory staff – the representation of the project and its activities towards stakeholders and identification of potential future cooperation partners.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder supports the project with any additional task as required by supervisory staff, including meeting documentation, interpretation at meetings, and translation of documents.
Required qualifications, experience, and additional competencies
Qualifications and professional experience:
- University Degree in Law, Economics, Business Administration, Political Sciences, or another relevant field;
- Work experience in Federal Iraq with civil society organisations and/or business membership associations (such as business associations, chambers of commerce), and/or government authorities;
- Work experience in project management and stakeholder management;
- Work experience in international development cooperation organisations;
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken); German language abilities are an asset.
- Office software literacy
- Diplomatic skills and political sensitivity
- Networking skills and experience
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods of time
Requirements for application:
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered