PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist producers within the selected region area to increase their incomes by assisting producers to meet buyers requirements and gain access to more lucrative and sustainable markets. Key duties will include; working with producers to understand the opportunities for local production and marketing, conducting participatory value chain analysis, identifying key market players, opportunities and constraints, formulating innovative market hypothetical’s, generating real market orders and coaching/mentoring of producers in producer groups.
- Implement project activities and archive record of implementation based on the Detailed implementation plan and LVCD Model
- Coordination by mutual adjustment between support producers, and between value chain actors, through the design of effective two way communications and mechanisms for mutual adjustment for the value chains in the assigned location
- Support the value chain actors in creating clarity about the overall direction, values and purpose of the ED department units; and to design, at the value chain level. Through providing inputs for Strategy and long term action plan development, risks assessment and capacity of farmers as required
- Provide the ED sector with continuous feedback on marketplace conditions related to the potential value chains, technology changes and all external factors that are likely to be relevant to it in the future; Spread the WV KRI ED sector and LVCD identity and message of the organization located within the assigned location
- Facilitate the creation or strengthen existing sub-systems (producer groups, cooperative procedures, networks) based on the diversified needs of their activities objectives
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend and participate in weekly meeting with the direct line manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Post-graduate or Master’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Commerce, Business or related field/s will be highly valued
- Understanding of the culture and conditions in area
- Strong understanding of commercial market operations and systems
- Knowledge of value chain analysis and effects on poor producers
- Knowledge of primary production and agriculture
- Understanding of market development projects and methods
- Strong computer literacy skills including MS Office Suite; e-mail and internet
- A good command in English, Arabic and Kurdish languages
- 2 years of experience in an INGO or International Development Agency
- 2 years of professional experience in private sector
- 1 year of experience in working with agricultural Value Chains
- Driver License with three years of driving experience
- Fluency in English and Kurdish, Arabic languages
- Demonstrated experience in market assessment, market analysis, market research or closely related role.
- Previous experience in research design and implementation experience
- Strong experience in networking
- Knowledge in research design and implementation
- Knowledge of the refugees and IDP’s context in KRI is desirable.
- Advanced skills of Information technologies (IT) and MS software
- Experience in agricultural processing
- Experience in food security projects
Mode of Application:
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their CV to email@example.com not later than ten days after this publication (March 5, 2017). Applicants must mention vacancy title Economic Development Specialist – Erbil in the subject of their email when they apply.