The ED Officer will be responsible for implementation of the Youth Eco Village project and act as a business and livelihood expert for the proposed US$148,000 project. The individual will be responsible for turning the refugee/IDP camp into an Eco Village by mobilizing the youth in community greening projects and train them in employability and entrepreneurship meanwhile administering the components of the project which include permaculture expert visits and trainings.
· Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets
· Gather and report marketplace information, camp development dynamics and learnings systematically
· Setup policy for the project at the camp level and action plans for community development projects
· Monitor the community development projects initiated by the youth
· Coordinate the stakeholders and ensure promotion of youth eco village’s identity and message
· Liaise with relevant stakeholders like local Camp management, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate
· Perform other duties as required
· Attend and participate in weekly meeting with the direct line manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated experience in the fields of agribusiness, agriculture, business administration
Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
Excellent organizational, analytical
Strong interpersonal skills
Proven ability to manage stakeholders
Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish languages
1 years of professional experience in youth projects or in agricultural sector
Experience working with volunteering activities
Experience in capacity building activities
Experience in translation and reporting
Fluency in English and Arabic languages
Knowledge of the refugees’ context in KRI is desirable.
Knowledge of permaculture is a plus
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.