Job Title: Driver
Reports to: Head of Administration and Operations
Duty Station: Erbil
The GIZ “Economic Development and Life Perspectives” cluster aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of Iraqi citizens by implementing activities in the areas of economic policy advisory, vocational training, promoting technological innovation, financial inclusion as well as sport and cultural events. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organization active in 130 countries with over 21.000 employees.
The duty station for the “Driver” is GIZ Erbil Office.
The position holder will be coordinating and implementing the driving services to all cluster projects, i.e. working with multiple projects at the same time.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
- Safely and responsibly performing all official transportation requests using giz vehicles.
- Regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles.
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations.
- Assisting with other office work, when not driving.
The driver performs the following tasks:
- Provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or program staff, official visitors, and guests.
- Runs errands for the project, program, or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills, and buying smaller quantities of office supplies.
- Helps with transporting goods.
- Completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously by GIZ standards.
- Ensures that giz car are fully supplied with health and disinfection equipment as a COVID- 19 measures and that all health SOPs are being followed by the driver and the passengers.
- Checks oil, water, brakes, and brake liquid, tire pressure, battery levels, and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log, and recording monthly maintenance.
- Calculates monthly petrol, oil, and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting .
- Reports need for service and carry out minor repairs proactively.
- Immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss, or theft of vehicle fittings to the line manager and giz Risk Management Office (RMO).
3. Knowledge management
- Uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes, and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers.
- Proactively follows the movement SOPs and instructions, as advised by giz risk management office.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists other colleagues as needed in the project, program, or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request.
C. Required qualifications, competencies, and experience Qualifications
- Secondary school education.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
- Training on First Aid and Emergency Response is an asset.
- At least 1-3 years work experience as a driver with references.
- No major accidents in the past 3 years.
- Working with an international organization is a strong asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good knowledge of English language is an asset.
- Discipline and punctuality.
- Resilience and patience.
- Familiarity with the city, regions.
- Ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-ECON21-153) Driver.
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.