Job Title: Driver
Reports to: Programme Manager
Duty Station: Erbil
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public-benefit federal enterprise that supports the German Government and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions. The GIZ “Strengthening the participation of women in the process of peace and rehabilitation in Iraq” (SPW) program, aims for higher participation of women in the peace and rehabilitation process in Iraq through supporting and enhancing the capacities of government and nongovernment actors and improving their gender competencies. Additionally, the program aims to develop and use contextualized (digital) approaches and facilitate dialogue and public relation campaigns to transform patriarchal gender relations. Furthermore, the program contributes to improving the living conditions for equal participation of Yezidi women in political, social, economic processes.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The equality of women and men within GIZ is an integral part of our corporate culture. We are always committed to create a diverse and inclusive environment. Therefore, for this position female candidates are preferred if they have the same qualifications.
Strengthening the Participation of Women in the Rehabilitation and Peace Process in Iraq (SPW)
The SPW programme aims to strengthen the participation of women in the peace and rehabilitation process in Iraq and is implementing development initiatives to strengthen the participation of women including prevention of SGBV. Furthermore, SPW is facilitating dialogue and promoting public relations include campaigns for the improvement of patriarchal gender relations and stereotypes and aims to improve the living situation and conditions for women in political, social, and economic processes.
The SPW programme will consider the needs and requirements of women and men in employment and aims to create a family-friendly workplace.
The driver is responsible for
- safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles
- regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations
- running official errands and
- assisting with other office work
The driver performs the following tasks:
- provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests
- runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g., sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- helps with transporting goods
- completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards
- maintains and disinfects the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly, according to GIZ’s hygienic rules and regulations
- ensures that oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc. are checked
- is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting
- immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
3. Knowledge management
- uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request upon mutual consultation.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- secondary school education
- holds a valid driver’s licence
- at least 0-3 years’ work experience as a driver with references
- no major accidents in the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
- ability to communicate in English and have knowledge in the local language.
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (phone, printer, email, internet) and MS Office
- reliability, punctuality and ability to maintain confidentiality
- good coordination and organizational skills
- ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- familiarity with the city of Erbil and whole KRI in general.
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL- SPW21-147) Driver
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screenshots and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.