Job title: Driver – 1X
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty station: Erbil
The aim of the Hospital project is to optimize processes and care procedures, establish international standards and sensitize hospital management to efficiency and sustainability.
The driver is responsible for
- safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles
- regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations
- running official errands and
- assisting with other office work
The driver performs the following tasks:
- provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests
- runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- helps with transporting goods
- completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards
- cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly (incl. Corona SOPs)
- checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
- checks emergency equipment and keeps it usable (incl. durabilities…)
- is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting
- reports need for service and carries out minor repairs
- immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
- uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request
- participates regularly GIZ emergency / security trainings for drivers and keeps updated regarding to SOP (first aid, behaviour in situations of accidents, car failures, Corona SOPs …) and general safety
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- secondary school education
- holds a valid driver’s licence
- at least 1-3 years’ work experience as a driver with references
- no major accidents in the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
- discipline and punctuality
- resilience and patience
- familiarity with Erbil, region KRI
- appropriate appearance and attire (possibly uniform, friendly manner with all passengers)
- ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (ERB-PESH21-117) Driver
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.