Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Sulaymaniyah, Morocco & Somaliland Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
This KRI-based role will report to the HSE Manager/Superintendent/Supervisor providing functional support to field activities. The candidate will be required to undertake a certain amount of travel in support of the role.
Genel is an ambitious E&P company looking to maximize the value in its current portfolio and grow its position. Genel places high value on technical excellence and creative thinking in making prudent investment decisions through a project-based stage-gate process. The successful candidate will play a key role in this journey and will have the opportunity to material contribute to the growth and The success of the Company.
For further information, please refer to www.genelenergy.com.
Operate within and promote Genel Energy core values and HSE culture.
Provide experienced judgement and technical insight in HSE management.
Participate in the implementation and execution of HSE plans and activities required in making continuous and positive HSE improvements in the field operations.
Key tasks will include:
• Maintain compliance with local and international HSE laws, regulations & standards.
• Implement and maintain HSE management system, procedures and work practices.
• Participate in HSE risk assessments to plan and execute prevention and mitigation controls.
• Monitor control of work to ensure that all activities are planned and executed safety e.g. Permit to Work, Energy Isolation, Pre-job meeting, Emergency plan etc.
• Manage at site the HSE interface with contractors and operationalize HSE standards.
• Provide HSE support, monitoring and assurance for field operational activities.
• Support the development and approval of environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and related studies, plans and monitoring activities.
• Maintain site emergency response plans and conduct training, drills and exercises.
• Lead / participate in emergency response as needed.
• Conduct regular HSE audits, inspections and visits across all operations and contractors.
• Investigate HSE incidents to determine root causes and propose/implement actions.
• Prepare, submit and maintain HSE performance data (KPIs and Targets) and activity reports.
• Deliver HSE induction and internal HSE trainings; and facilitate external HSE trainings.
• Ensure that Company HSE requirements are clearly communicated to staff and contractors, and performance is tracked, initiating appropriate corrective actions as and when necessary.
• Provide advice and assistance to line management on all matters relating to HSE.
• Implement Company HSE programs and other HSE initiatives effectively.
• Carry out regular HSE meetings with all stakeholders.
• Ensure completion of HSE action items and share lessons with stakeholders.
• Lead HSE culture and continual improvement journey as an integral HSE team member.
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 5-year experience in HSE field roles for international oil and gas companies.
• Experienced with drilling and workover field operations.
• University Graduate in Engineering or HSE related field
• Professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH, GradIOSH/CMIOSH, CSP/equivalent, IEMA, Auditor etc. preferred
• Knowledge of industry HSE best practices and national and international HSE legislation
• Experienced in oil field operations for construction /drilling /production /projects
• Experienced in HSE risk assessment e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, ENVID etc.
• Experienced in leading HSE audits and incident investigations
• Experienced in developing and implementing HSE management systems and procedures
• Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
• Good problem-solving ability and a pragmatic flexible approach
• Be able to work in remote location with minimum corporate support
Internal & External Interaction:
• The position is expected to work closely with field operations (construction /drilling
/production /projects) as well as support other functions like security, logistics, C&P,
administration, CSR etc.
• The job holder will have to interact with local communities on a regular basis.
Please submit your application via the below link before July 18, 2022