Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organization providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
We are seeking to employ a candidate for the following position:
Work Place: West Mosul – Nablus Hospital
Main Purpose of the role:
- Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients
- Specifically to be responsible for anesthesia (pre-anesthesia evaluation, administration of an aesthetics, recovery period, pharmacy, equipment, general organization, etc.) and pre- and post-op care including an-algesia
- To pay particular attention to hygiene rules and pain management in the post-operative ward
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anaesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anaesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anaesthesia.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process and the post-operative care.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anaesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Supervise the OT beside stock (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty phials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained..
- Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc)
- Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to accident & emergency department requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity or exploratory mission, in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to- day activity in the project and support decision-taking
- Accept and apply MSF principles, values and internal regulations. Apply MSF protocols and adhere to the rules implemented by MSF within Nablus hospital.
- Respect and ensure that Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) measure implemented at Nablus
- Hospital are followed
- Essential Doctor Anaesthetist diploma
- Essential working experience of at least two years in Doctor Anaesthetist activities related jobs with strong experience in obstetrical anaesthesia
- At least 1 year experience Mandatory as “internship“ with DoH
- Desirable previous working experience with MSF or other NGO’s
Skills & Languages Competencies
- Essential fluency in Arabic and high level English
- People Management
For applicants with foreign certificates, Iraqi recognised state-diploma is required.
For applicants registered under DOH Ninewa, a non-objection letter should be provided only if the staff is
- Remuneration in accordance to MSF Incentive grid (level 10)
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organisation
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
Please do not hand in any CVs produced in shops. They will not be considered.
- Handwritten CVs and cover letters are acceptable.
- Only DOH staffs under DOH Ninewa and from Ninewa governorate are allowed to work in Nablus Hospital.
- In all CVS you need to clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed.
- We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
Candidate are encouraged to apply early, as the application may be screen prior to the vacancy
English CVs only
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process.