PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This is a supervisory role of effective and efficient distribution management at food distribution points (FDPs), ensuring proper standards are adhered to on distributions, documentation and accountability of all food commodities.
· Responsible to calculate monthly food requirements for the designated area / districts / camps and prepare distribution plans and food delivery plans to be submitted to WFP as agreed. Closely follow up the implementation of these plans.
· responsible to ensure availability of safe, suitable, storage capacity at FDP for food commodities received from WV warehouse to FDP working closely with Logistics
· Work with Project Coordinator and Project Admin Assistant to ensure timely procurement and availability of all equipment and materials necessary for successful implementation of food distribution program.
· Supervise the FDPs to ensure that all commodities arriving at any given point, at distribution centers are properly accounted for. Sign and date each document verified by you as proof of verification.
· Check that storage and stacking of commodities is properly undertaken in an organized manner, at distribution points to enable smooth distributions.
· Work closely with the Project Coordinator, Data Officer and, WFP, s and the community to improve targeting efficiency.
· Using the approved beneficiary selection criteria, organize and supervise registration and verification process.
· Ensure that the most needy / vulnerable members of the community are properly targeted and protected. At all times ensure that the registers include more women beneficiaries.
· Ensure the targeting and beneficiary details updating is well planned and documented
· Work with your food monitors and CTS staff to review distribution plans.
· Work with the Food Monitors to ensure that proper procedures for food distributions are followed according to the approved food rations.
· WV Commodity accounting standards must be followed for all quantities of commodities received and distributed.
· Daily Distribution reports must be ready by their due dates. Make sure the food monitors understand and abide by this important requirement. Field reports including: Food Monitor’s report, Distribution Center Visit Reports must be completed timely.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a related field.
- Must be able to communicate fluently and write in English.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet, or Word program, fax and e-mail,
- Extensive exposure to food assistance programs
- Knowledge of the Sphere standards, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red Crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAP) and other international humanitarian standards
- Knowledge of Commodities standards, as defined and set out by Food Programming Management Group (FPMG)
- Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, preferably within WV context, specifically those that relate to food distributions, warehousing, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
- Knowledge of different capacity building initiatives.
- Ability to effectively develop rapport and relate to donors, NGOs, counterparts, and government agencies.
- Distribution Experience, Community Work, Activity management, Reports, Communication and Accountancy skills.
- Must be willing to travel and a flexible approach to working conditions.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted