Assist in conducting distribution of food and non-food commodities and cash vouchers/cards and document on program beneficiaries, receipt, deliveries, distribution, and storage of all food and non-food commodities/cash entrusted to WVI KRI by the donors at grass root level, including timely reporting. Assist in training and awareness raising among end-users, food distributor and food and no-food handlers on program goal and objectives, donor, target beneficiary and rations, including donor and World Vision established systems, standards and procedures for commodities management by WV and donors.
1. Commodity Distribution
· Assist in ensuring that all commodities/cash resources entrusted to World Vision arriving at any given point, localities, districts and distribution centers are properly accounted for.
· Ensure that the verified beneficiaries are properly registered on the beneficiary lists by singing the lists by respective beneficiary.
· Ensure beneficiaries have registration cards with them and they made proper signature/thumbprint for receipt of their ration.
· Scrutinize waybills for commodities /cash arriving at the destinations for correctness of contents and quantities; immediately record all quantities delivered short, quantities lost in transit and damages, if any. Also ensure that proper documentation of such observations are made and recorded immediately.
· Randomly scrutinize beneficiary lists as well as beneficiary ration cards for eligibility and accuracy.
· Randomly inspect conditions for all food commodities/cards/vouchers receipt at the distribution center for their appropriates for human consumption, inform the concerns parties and ensure proper documentation of such activity in the prescribed form.
· Providing training to food/commodities, cash cards/vouchers handlers and end users on Program goal and objectives, donor, Target beneficiaries and rations, including donor and World Vision established systems, standards and procedures for commodities management.
2. Card/vouchers & Commodities Accounting
· Ensure that all documentation and records pertaining to the beneficiary registration is updated periodically with relevant information on admission and exit dates, distribution conducted etc.
· Ensure that all food and non-food, cash cards/vouchers distributions are conducted at specified distribution centers and the beneficiaries are informed of distribution dates, ration type and the quantities to be distributed (received).
· Ensure that proper procedures for food, Cash/Vouchers distributions are followed through the provision of an adequate number of scoops that are available at each center for each type of commodity and also by ensuring that each beneficiary receives his/her quantities of commodities according to the approved ration size.
· Ensure that all food, Cash cards/Vouchers distributions are conducted utilizing the verification Card and Beneficiary ID card system.
· Ensure that the beneficiaries are signed or thumbprint before getting their commodities or cash/vouchers.
· Ensure proper accounting of all quantities of commodities received and distributed at each center in the relevant format, and that all such records are files in an orderly manner.
· Prepare relevant reports at the end of each distribution for submission to the office.
· Responsible of own safety and actively contribute to a positive safety culture.
· Abide by the safety policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or safety personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education & Experience
· College graduate
· Basic knowledge of the humanitarian work and to community intervention in emergency situation.
· Good arithmetic and accounting skills.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to work under pressure and the of the changing organization procedures.
· Computer literacy; Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Minimum One year of experience in humanitarian sector preferably with WV in distributions.
A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and humanitarian mandate.
Adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest policies.
Full adherence to security protocols
Sensitivity and respect for diversity
Ability to work extra hours whenever required in emergency situations and as situation demands.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.