To provide support to the Medical officer for primary healthcare consultations with in the clinic in the IDP camp or mobile clinics, support health promotion activities and supervise hygiene and health promoters. Maintains accurate patient records. Maintains medical stock inventory by requesting pharmaceuticals and medical supplies from pharmacist once a week and reporting monthly on consumption and stock levels to the Pharmacist and Project Manager.
· They will be responsible for keeping medical supply inventory. Keeping stock cards updated and medicine organized in an easy to access manner.
· They will support the MO in care of children through the integrated management of childhood illnesses.
· Where possible Male nurse will support male patients and female nurses support female patients in MNCH activities including antenatal and post-natal checks.
· Maintaining infection control in the clinic. Ensuring all medical equipment is aseptic and overall area is hygienic.
· Provide and dispense medicine to patients in a clear manner with written instructions. Provide education on importance of medicine course completion, and follow up on patient’s adherence.
· Assisting in emergency response to disease outbreaks, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Holds a nursing qualification from a recognized training center or medical certificate.
· Registered with a professional body ex. nurses council,
· Experience with IDPs and conflict affected populations.
· Native Kurdish, good written and spoken in Arabic, understanding of English is an advantage.
· Good knowledge of quality standards and quality controls related to medical practice.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
· Willingness to work in difficult conditions
· 2 years’ experience as PHC or hospital nurse
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.