As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions.
Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalize the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis.
These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. To ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralization of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organizational structures and work processes at various administrative levels.
About the Position:
Support activities related to the implementation of inclusive dialogue and participation formats, strengthening of capacities of state and civil society stakeholders and supporting the team in improving the overall conditions for inclusive dialogue and participation.
• Support the development of training and the strengthening of capacities of civil society and government stakeholders.
• Provide inputs to the knowledge management, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and lessons learned of the project.
• Establish and maintain networks with Iraqi stakeholders and analyze their contributions.
• The position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
• Excellent communication and networking skills.
• Strong Arabic and English (B2) language skills in speaking and writing.
• Strong diplomatic and mediation skills.
• 4 years of experience in project management and project development.
• 4 years of experience in a comparable position in development projects in an international organization, civil society organization, government institutions or similar.
• Excellent understanding of the political and social environment in Iraq.
• Expertise in the area of dialogue and participation, women and youth.
Important notes for your application:
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to GIZ.Iraq.Jobs@giz.de.
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: [(BGH-PDP023-051) Dialogue and Participation Technical Advisor] Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.