About GIZ and GIZ Iraq
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in Federal Iraq.
About the project
The Strengthening inclusive Local Governance (iLG) project advice directorates at provincial level. The project focuses on increasing the efficiency and inclusivity of selected administrative processes in the area of water and municipal services. For example, by adapting administrative procedures, optimizing core processes and internal coordination, processes will be made more efficient and services can thus be provided more quickly. The project also focuses on making services more accessible for citizens.
ILG is starting its activities in three governorates, and we are looking for an advisor in the area of public service delivery for Anbar to complete our team. The advisor tasks are mainly related with this governorate, but not exclusively.
Your main activities consist of:
- Advise in the field of public service delivery, particularly in water and municipal services.
- Support the development of the technical and conceptual design of project activities related to public services, including the preparation of concept notes.
- Support with ensuring coherence between analysis and ideation of project ideas (reality checks).
- Establish contact with and advise public staff in different levels of the government inside the governorate of Anbar.
- Prepare, follow-up and produce documentation of relevant meetings with project partners, civil society actors and other relevant stakeholders.
- Preparation and moderation of (face-to-face and virtual) meetings and events.
- Create ToR to engage organizations and/or experts in the program’s execution.
- Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
- Completed university studies in Political, Administrative, Social Science, or another related subject.
- Good technical knowledge in the field of local governance and/or public administration.
- Affinity and expertise in e-governance tools (for example e-Services, Social Media) are an advantage.
- First professional experience with international organizations as advisor and in project management.
- Reliability, willingness to familiarize yourself with new tasks and processes and to learn new fields in the area of local governance.
- High communication skills and a cultural-sensitive approach in complex networks.
- Social competence, as well as the ability to work under pressure in a multicultural team.
- Proficient in English and Arabic (fluent written and spoken). Kurdish and other country languages are an advantage.
- Professional experience in Anbar.
Important notes for your application
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (RA-ILG23-016) Decentralization Advisor – Governorate Anbar Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications