About the project
The Strengthening inclusive Local Governance (iLG) project advices directorates at provincial level on improving administrative processes and strengthening citizen orientation in service provision (for example within the sectors of water, health, education, and municipality services). This is done by improving the efficiency and the inclusiveness of selected services. The aim is that needs of citizens and marginalized groups (particularly women and people with special needs) are taken into account. For example, by granting opportunities for citizens to participate in the planning and implementation of services or by communicating reliable information about services. Different approaches to digital participatory governance will be tested.
- Support in the development of the technical and conceptual design of project activities in the field of citizen orientation/participation, including support with the preparation of concept notes.
- Contribute to advising partners and/or colleagues on topics of participation and citizen orientation.
- Support with ensuring coherence between analysis and ideation of project ideas (reality checks).
- Support in maintaining the project's network, in particular with local civil society actors.
- Prepare and follow up on relevant meetings with (prospective) project partners, civil society actors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Preparation and moderation of (face-to-face and virtual) meetings and events.
- Contribute to advising on user-friendly, innovative, participatory digital tools to disseminate information and gather feedback to and from citizens.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Completed university studies in political, administrative, social science or gender studies; or another relevant subject.
- Good technical knowledge in the field of local governance, citizen participation, gender equality and/or public administration.
- Affinity and expertise in digital participatory governance tools (for example eServices, Social Media).
- First professional experience with international organizations and in project management.
- Reliability, willingness to familiarize yourself with new tasks and processes.
- High communication skills and a cultural-sensitive approach in complex networks.
- Social competence as well as the ability to work under pressure in a multicultural team.
- Proficient in English and Arabic.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-ILG22-064) Decentralization Advisor – Citizen Participation
- The subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivation letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screenshots, and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered