Position Title: Customs & Freight forwarding Officer
Line Manager: Logistics & Warehouse manager
Location: Erbil Warehouse - Some travel to the airport may be required.
Genel Energy Plc is an Anglo-Turkish exploration and production company with a focus on the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. We are one of the largest London listed independent oil producers, primarily through our interest in the Tawke Production Sharing Contract, which contains the world-class Tawke field and promising Peshkabir discovery. Our growth aspirations are supported by a robust balance sheet and strong cash flow generation. The Genel Drilling Department is taking a long-term view toward developing a performance drilling team to optimize drilling efficiency and drive down trouble time and costs in very challenging drilling environments. The senior rig logistics/materials supervisor in Kurdistan will work close with the London Drilling Team and the daily rig operations to develop and implement the Drilling Programs (Drilling, Workovers, Plug and Abandonments, Completions, Well Tests, etc) while pursuing performance drilling and reducing NPT.
This role is due to start January 2022.
The purpose of this role is managing all International Freight Movements which includes the Tax Exemption Letters submission and custom clearance Operations.
1. Track and trace all shipments that are imported and exported for Genel and provide updates to end users
2. Make freight arrangements for cargo collections, imports and exports
3. Process all import, export, and movement approvals with MNR (This includes Radioactive Sources, Explosives and Chemicals Products).
4. Manage freight forwarding and customs clearance contracts,
5. Support C&P with freight quotes when needed and provide general advice on shipping and customs clearance
6. Advise business unit on ideal freight options and cost implications
7. Responsible for receiving and filing all designated documentation into Genel Energy’s computer data base (Packing List, Commercial Invoice, MSDS, Photos, report,)
8. Communicate with vendors for shipment readiness
9. Maintain and update on a weekly basis a Logistics Status Report.
10. Responsible to prepare all Tax Exemption Letter applications (including translation) and submit it to the Ministry of Natural Resources, Ministry of Finance & Economy, Ministry of Interior.
11. Responsible to review vendor’s shipping documentation such as Packing List, Commercial Invoice, Airway bill, CMR, manifest, Etc
12. Single point of contact for the Tax Exemptions Letter applications request
13. Responsible to maintain the existing Tax Exemption Letter Tracker for each asset and type of movements (Import or Export)
College or High School Diploma.
Location and Timing
Erbil based on a permanent basis.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Work Experience
1. Fluent in English.
2. 5+ years of experience in logistics related to land, sea and air freight
3. 5+ years of experience with customs clearance in KRI as well as processing tax exemptions through MNR
4. A background in working for a freight forwarder and clearing agents is a plus
5. Knowledge of oil and gas materials
6. Good leadership, writing, and communication skills both verbal and written.
7. Pragmatic proactive self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
8. Sensitivity working with different cultures and diverse backgrounds.
9. Good Knowledge of 2020 Incoterms.
10. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Please submit your application by email to (email@example.com) by August 9th, 2021
(Kindly mention Customs and Freight Forwarding Lead in the subject of your E-mail)