Individuals in the Customer Support Analyst I role are responsible for responding to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing Level 1 and 2 help desk support. They work with a broad range of infrastructure products and basic networking components. They provide maintenance and support for moderately to highly complex client products and work on one or more projects concurrently as a team member.
Customer Support members respond to requests for IT support, logging problems, generating trouble tickets, attempting to diagnose and resolve problems, and if necessary, escalating the problem to the appropriate level of expertise. They are responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines. On an ongoing basis, they work to improve customer support processes and practices. In addition, they evaluate and recommend client software and hardware and write proposals for purchasing new or upgraded products.
· Provides input during project planning and requirements phase.
· First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users.
· Responds to Level 1 and 2 support requests via multiple sources such as phone and e-mail.
· Enters call data into the tracking system.
· Interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
· Provides user access service.
· Diagnoses problems by evaluating multiple options.
· Develops checklists and scripts for resolving routine problems.
· Escalates problems when necessary.
· Documents problem status and resolution in tracking log.
CLIENT TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT:
· Coordinates the deployment of new or upgraded images, software and hardware for multiple clients.
· Configures and installs desktop PCs, peripheral equipment, laptops and other mobile devices.
· Follows established procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
· Performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
· Provides on-going support of client technology.
· Provides technical support to meetings that include video conferencing.
· Monitors and communicates system status.
· Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
· Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
· Assists systems, programming, and vendor professionals, as needed to resolve problems.
· Maintains passwords and users credentials to assure systems security and data integrity.
· Adheres to the integrity of controls, regulations and guidelines.
· Maintains IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT:
· Collaborates in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
· Explains service procedures to clients.
· Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Keeps performance metrics.
· Identifies recurring and potential problems and notifies team members.
· Recommends procedures and controls for service improvements.
· Recommends ideas for improving queue time, abandoned call rates and first contact resolution.
· Participates in integration and user acceptance testing.
· Trains co-workers on new or existing functionality or services.
· Creates, modifies and reviews documentation of issues resolutions.
· Documents solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions.
· Creates and submits documented resolution to Knowledge Base.
· Alerts team members about recurring problems.
· Communicates updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
· Communicate suggestions on backup and recovery procedures.
· Makes suggestions for the design of a standard set of integrated products (standard image) by recommending hardware and software products to meet client requirements.
· Recommends products to clients by understanding needs and referring to corporate standards list.
· Mentors less experienced staff in a specific area of expertise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Demonstrated working knowledge of basic to moderately complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills.
Typically has 3 to 5 years of IT work experience.
Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.