Position Title: Cost Controller
Line Manager: Supply Chain Manager Location: Erbil/Istanbul
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Cost Controller role will report to the Supply Chain Manager and will be based in our office in Erbil. The purpose of this role is to provide effective cost control services on behalf of the Business Services team and in conjunction with the Drilling, Finance, HSE, Operations and Technical teams to ensure that Genel Energy meets its objectives from a time and cost perspective.
For further information about our company, please refer to www.genelenergy.com
- Establish and manage the cost control system in order to support the decision-making process and support the completion of the project within the approved budget
- Ensure any deviation from budget is promptly identified and analysed, final impact is estimated, and the effect of corrective actions taken is monitored
- Ensure top quartile invoice payment performance
- Ensure the procurement and accounting systems are appropriately engaged with Operations, and verifying the application of the WBS and the cost traceability.
- Develop and issue the Cost Control Procedure and Cost Coding Manual (WBS)
- Monitor activity, progress and the relevant earned value, as well as the value of work done against the invoices received, determining the monthly accruals (to have accounts in line with works progress).
- Prepare Daily and Monthly Cost Reports
- Support Operations during the contract changes/claims process providing the cost impact analysis.
- Analyse committed costs and activities to-date, review the estimate to complete, isolating any deviation from baselines or adverse trend and notify the Functional/Asset Manager to enable corrective actions and mitigations to be implemented and prevent overruns.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in a business, engineering or management related subject is advantageous.
- 5+ years in cost control in an operating oil company
- Handling of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good analytical skills.
- English language (both written and spoken) and numeracy skills are essential.
- High level of competency with the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Significant experience with cost control platforms and software.
Internal & External Interaction:
- Internally the candidate will be expected to work supportively and actively collaborate with all disciplines and functions whether in Istanbul, Erbil or at any Genel Energy locations in the KRI.
- External interaction with Government and Regulatory authorities as well as suppliers and contractors
- Works independently with a minimal level of supervision and knows when to seek support.
- Active contributor to the decision-making process, able to deliver against agreed actions when decisions are made.
Kindly submit your application via link below before December 14, 2021: