We aspire to be the most customer-centric and relevant digital company in the region. To reach this goal, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who love the hustle. If you would like to help us build the place where everyone can find and buy anything online in the region, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Copywriter to lead our creative marketing content efforts.
Your words will inform and engage target audiences, and hence you should be able to produce strong conceptual thinking skills. Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled, and imaginative writer with an eye for detail.
Your responsibilities include writing original copy and slogans for advertising campaigns, editing, and maintaining brand consistency across online channels.
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio or links to your published work.
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice for each brand and build the company's perception, capturing its mission and vision.
- Adapt points from brief into persuasive copy concepts; our priority is press releases, answers to written interviews, advertorials, and all related to public relations activities.
- Develop and shape each brand and its story across relevant platforms.
- Collaborate with designers, PR, and other stakeholders on various projects (e.g., email campaigns, landing pages, PR collateral, publications, etc.).
- Edit, proofread, and sign off a copy as needed.
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach and drive traffic to the relevant platforms (Preferred).
- Keep a pulse check on best practices, trending local and global campaigns, and industry events.
- Use data-driven insights to tailor content.
- Ideate and create copy for customer communication - such as growth hacks, user journeys, and campaigns, content experiments.
- Manage multiple assigned projects and communicate clearly with each stakeholder on project timelines and deliverables.
- Proven copywriting experience.
- You are familiar with the local and regional Arabic cultural scene, and how it translates through various platforms.
- You can produce quality work out of detailed briefs and thin air alike; you create a copy with clever lines and insights.
- You have experience writing for different types of audiences across industries.
- You can combine creative and critical thinking; your analytical approach means you ask the right questions and make sense of briefs from a strategic and conceptual perspective.
- Your attention to detail is close to annoying: typos, errors, inconsistencies, and questionable punctuation marks have little chance of getting past your cursor.
- You have proven communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate a multi-level problem space with verbal, written, and presentation skills to a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic language skills.