The Chief Operations Officer (COO) will be responsible for management of overall operations. The role comprises of tasks related to leading and managing the operations department of the company. A dynamic, committed, experienced, and highly educated personality who has at least 5+ years of professional hand on experience in the delivery companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and implementing required procedures and policies in order to continuously improve operational efficiency in overall operations.
- Responsible for establishment and operations management of all retail locations within and outside Iraq.
- Developing the strategic business plan, operational manual and other strategic documents to run the business efficiency.
- Financial responsibility for revenue growth, cost control, debt collection and overall responsibility for budgetary deliverables, also participation in budgeting and budget implementation process.
- Market intelligence gathering through monitoring competitor activities and generation and analysis of reports pertaining to the same.
- Responsibility for monthly management review actual against target with direct reports.
- Ensuring that operational procedures are in place to ensure safe collection and dispatch of customers items and maintenance of data and records thereof.
- Applying for ISO and other international certifications and responsibility for overseeing observance of these standards once it is granted.
- Ensuring service levels in terms of delivery and collection are met through monitoring of service levels returns.
- Oversee management of the various operational zones including resource deployment and customer liaison to ensure that services being delivered by the operations team meet the required standards and taking necessary corrective action where necessary.
- Ensuring proper resource utilization and rationalization including human resource.
- Maintain operation data on daily and monthly transaction for management decision as and when required.
- To encourage and develop new ideas for procedures and systems in order to continuously improve the ability of the operational system to promote service to customers.
- To manage, measure, review and take corrective action in order to ensure that inbound & outbound service quality meets customer requirements and company standards.
- To manage and control costs whilst ensuring that operational service standards are continuously met in order to achieve budgets.
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience with international or national organizations. Private sectors experience especially in courier and shipping industry is highly desirable.
- Speaking/Writing/Reading Skills in Kurdish, Arabic & English required.
- Travel required to inside and outside Iraq.
- Leadership, strategic thinking problem solving/analysis, decision making performance management, results driven
- communication proficiency, financial management good IT & computer knowledge