We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
The Contract & Admin Officer is responsible for;
- checking the commercial suitability of fund recipient
- reviewing/ cross-checking project proposals with budgets
- supporting partner organizations on financial aspects (invoicing & reporting) in accordance with GIZ financial management and accounting procedures
The Contract & Admin Officer performs the following tasks:
The Contract & Admin Officer is responsible for
- Supporting GIZ in its communication with partner organizations where financial and contractual matters are concerned.
- Ensuring good communication with relevant financial and contract departments in GIZ country office in Erbil and GIZ headquarters in Germany.
- Conducting commercial suitability assessment for a partner organization to determine the type of financing contract the NGO can receive.
- Explaining to partner organizations the requirements of GIZ’s financial and contractual requirements.
- Providing assistance to partner organizations on the submission of timely and correct financial evidence and reports.
- Knowing GIZ’ financial and contractual requirements and being familiar with GIZ’s “Process & Rules”.
- Reviewing and verifying all financial documents submitted by the partners before forwarding them to the relevant department in the GIZ headquarters (Germany) or country office (Erbil).
- Acts as a focal point for the process of payment requests to the Country office in Erbil.
- Treats information confidentially.
- Prepare contract as per request, TOR, contract award documentation provided from respective project officers
- Keep tracking the payment procedure of the Contract with coordination of the accounting department.
- Proper filing system according to GIZ.
- Keep an Excel sheet up-to-date to monitor all types of contracts.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
The Contract & Admin Officer
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the financial and administrative management
C. Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- University degree (Bachelor or master). Professional Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in a comparable position.
- Being familiar with the context of humanitarian assistance and/or development cooperation
- Experience with international NGO work an asset
- Solid knowledge of and familiarity with contractual procedures
- Very good language skills in English and Arabic, both speaking and especially writing, German is added value
Other experiences and skills:
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies, related software, and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- quick learner and willing to learn new tools and procedures, especially GIZ processes & regulations
- ability to work independently
- ability to work with trustworthiness and integrity
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (ERB-SP21-115) Contract & Admin Officer
- The subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots, and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications past the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.